Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What I didn't know before I became a mother....

10. That I could function on such little sleep year after year after year.
9. That I would not be able to watch shows like Jericho because it would give me nightmares about protecting my son during a nuclear war.
8. That I would take 10,000 photos of Wesley in one year. and that I still love taking his picture.
7. That watching my son develop traits that are so clearly mine would be both thrilling and terrifying at the same time.
6. That sleeping in would be until 7 am.
5. That joining a playgroup would be like returning to high school. (Disclamer- my current playgroup- awesome...previous playgroups....high school...)
4. That I could cook a decent meal night after night when I couldn't make toast before I got married.
3. That I could shower, get dressed (with makeup) in 15 minutes FLAT. Before I was a Mom- 45 minutes- at the least!
2. That I would vacuum every single day.
1. That I would sacrifice anything for his happiness....and well...lets face it- to shut him up...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment