Thursday, May 15, 2008

I love Method....

I love Method cleaning products. They do not smell like bleach, but they do smell like yummy things like, pink grapefruit, lemon ginger, lavender, and waterlilly and aloe. I LOVE the scent of the almond Good for Wood floor cleaner so much, I'm frequently tempted to lick the floor. Well, not really, but Leroy probably would. Also, I love the fact that these products are sold at Target...and who doesn't need an excuse to go there? Plus I love them because they have a blog called "People againist dirty" which is totally up my alley!
Method also has a cool book called "Squeaky Clean" It's about what toxins lurk in your home, how to get rid of them and what you can use in their place that is eco-friendly. You'd think it's a big book of advertising for their products but while their products are featured in the photos, it's not in the text. It's full of good basic information like why you shouldn't microwave plastic or plastic wrap, why you should remove your shoes upon entering the house, why the dog shouldn't sleep on the bed etc. It goes through the house room by room and gives suggestions to green up. I would say this is not a book for the eco-living advanced, but if you are a novice like me and attempting to take small steps to live greener, this book is a quick, easy read. No big science words or threats of doom and gloom if we don't change, just simple advice in small paragraphs with pretty pictures. I still can't give up my gain laundry detergent....just can't live with out it!

No comments:

Post a Comment