Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Planning

I am a planner. I always have been. I think it started in middle school, when they made us use our little planners, and mine was color coded in ink by classes, and I loved writing and organizing in my planner. Then I moved in to High school, and I loved getting a new planner each year, and using crayola markers to organize it.
I plan everything. Meals- I have the next two weeks menu's planned. Shopping lists- done. My cleaning schedule- yup- I have one, and I stick to it, like crazy. Everyone asks how my house is always clean, well, its because it never gets dirty, since I clean a little bit each day. I devote an hour or so to it every day, and get daily stuff done. Nathan has a set of things that he does weekly around the house (chores I hate doing...lol....like sweeping the stairs or dusting the banisters) Wesley is very schedule orientated. He has always thrived on a schedule. Nathan is the same way. He loves routine. He can't stand to part from it. I am not that bad, I can change stuff up a bit. Like, there are times that I can't clean in the morning, and I do it later after Wes goes to bed. Or if we decide we'd rather go out to dinner than cook, no big deal, I just save that meal stuff for another night.If something doesn't get done...no biggie- I just do it the next day. I am not totally obsessed with planing each second of my life, but I do like organization, and being prepared.
I know, you are thinking- how did you get so anal about all of this? Really? I have no idea! Before Wesley, and when I was working full time, I could care less about a clean house, organization, and planning meals. Nathan seems to think that I might take it seriously since its now my "job." I have always been an over achiever, I can admit that, and I always take my job- any job seriously.
I am now trying to plan vacations for summer and fall. Its getting tricky. We were going to use our vacation budget to go on a Disney cruise in November. After really thinking about it, and being seconds from booking it- Nathan and I realized we were about to spend 6K on vacation for a...TODDLER. We love Wesley....but seriously? So, we decided we'd go on 4 or 5 mini vacations. We are going to FL for a week in July, North Carolina for a long weekend in August, Six Flags in September, the beach in Savannah in October, Back to North Carolina in November and maybe to Fl again in Nov to catch a UCF game. In the midst of that, I'd like to get to IL to see my cousin, and get my good friend from WI down here to visit us. Trying to coordinate all of this, and plan this is giving me a headache. Really. Also, my Mom is going on vacation a few times with us, so trying to coordinate dates, and vacation rentals is...DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment