Ok...so its been a crazy weekend...sorta! We have been busy watching over Wesley and taking care of him! Friday after we got home, i went shopping and got Wesley's medicine/ Also, I bought some yummy junk food for Nathan and I (you gotta cheat here and there) and rented some movies or us. My Mom brought over a huge bag of toys for Wesley which was awesome, because it took his mind off of everything, and he had new things to play with. Caillou books (totally loved them), a couple of new tonka trucks, and a really neat construction puzzle set.
Saturday we all sat around and watched movies and slept. I felt like I was in college again. I have not slept that much in one day since, well....college! LoL Boy do I remember the Saturdays that we would just sleep all day. Saturday night my Mom and Grandma came over and we all played cards. I was glad, but I needed some stimulation..lol...I was starting to go batty.
Today I went to the mall and got my hair dyed, and highlighted, and cut..what do you think? I wanted it a bit shorter, but I do like it.
Thank you to everyone who has sent us well wishes, sent cards, sent gifts for Wesley and cooked us meals. We are so so blessed to have such sweet friends and family.
Here's my guy playing with his new trucks from Grandma and Grandpa- As you can tell he looks bad :( He's a little swollen, and VERY tired. He slept about 5 hours today ( the whole time I was at the mall!)
A lady from our church brought Wesley lots of goodies today, and he loved them all. It was so sweet of her to think of Wes.
All in all he's doing pretty good. Obviously very sore, and swollen, and tired. He's sleeping a lot, and laying around a lot. Every once in a while he'll get a burst of energy, and try to get up and play but about 5 minutes later- he's worn out. The hardest thing is that he won't drink. Which he REALLY needs to. So I have been having to threaten him with Time out...which I hate to do when he is sick- but I have to get him drinking or we'll be back in the hospital. Wesley hates time out, so if he is naughty usually I just have to count to 3 and threaten with time out, and he straightens right up. So I said to him " Drink this." He'll say " Noooooo" and all I have to say is " Ok, what happens if you don't listen to mommy or Daddy" He'll say in the saddest voice- " I have to go to Time out..." So then he'll drink it....oh well, whatever works....right?!

No comments:
Post a Comment