Saturday, May 24, 2008

In the summer time....

No doubt about it, Summer is my favorite. I love Memorial day weekend, and the unofficial "kick off" of Summer! Maybe its my "Florida girl" in me, but I love the sunshine, hot weather, and everything about summer. 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Cold beers, watermelon, BBQing, and fireworks at night. I always get sad when Labor day rolls around and I know that summer is coming to an end.


I am a little sad that we aren't on the beach this weekend. Something about Memorial day and the beach go hand in hand. We had plans to be at the beach, but with Wesley's surgery, we decided it would be best to stay home. I think that is what I miss about FL the most- the beach being so close.


Winter is not fun for me. I hate being cold, I hate everything about the cold. I hate sweaters, real shoes, and jeans. I was so sick of wearing jeans this winter. Give me some short shorts, a tank top and sandals any day. I hate that stuff is brown and dead looking. I like green and Palm trees. I remember when people would visit us in FL during the winter, and remark how green and pretty everything was, and I never "got it" - until this year. So here's to summer! Family get together, friends hanging out barefoot in the backyard,waking up to the lawnmower, swimming at pools, the smell of chlorine in your hair, vacations, and the beach! Welcome summer....I am SO glad you are here!


I think my best memories from my childhood are from summer. When I was younger-Family reunions, spending the summer in West Virginia with my grandparents, vacations with my Grandma Misch. Then as I got older- babysitting, summer "loves" and I so remember the summer I got my drivers licence- going to the beach everyday (gas was only 97 cents a gallon back then...) and the clubs at night. In college- parties every night, beach every weekend, or out on a friends boat and jet ski's, dragging my cousin Laura all over the city...lol...I love it :)



I'll post more later about this weekend. Right now, I gotta go get ready for people coming over ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment