Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad






Today my dad would have been 55 years old. Its his birthday, and he's not here to celebrate it with us. Its strange. Its strange not having him here. Its strange not having him call me everyday. Its strange not having him make a fuss over Wesley. I wonder if I will ever get over the feeling of him being gone. Its a weird thing when you have a parent die, and I think nobody can relate until you actually go through the experience. You grow up thinking your parents will always be there, that familiar spot in life, and when you lose one, you don't know how to deal with it. That comfort is gone. We are approaching the 1 year anniversary of his death. I'll blog more about all of that later. Today I just want to celebrate my Dad. Happy Birthday Dad. I'll have a piece of carrot cake for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment