Saturday, May 3, 2008

9 years of Nathan and Libby




Its CRAZY to think that Nathan and I have been "dating" for 9 years! Where does time go?! here's our story..... Its very much "When Hary Met Sally" where we were friends first, and then fell in love :)

Nathan and I met on April 25, 1998. I was a senior in High school, and he was a Freshman in college at the University of Central Florida. I went on a college tour of UCF, only so I could miss school that day. At my H.S. seniors were allowed 3 "college tour days" and not be counted as absent. I actually went to lunch with a friend who went to UCF. After lunch, my friend needed to stop by his fraternity house. He asked me if I wanted to go, I said "sure!" So while we were there, I was looking through a photo album, and Nathan was in it. I asked my friend Jimmy who he was. He told me that it was a really good friend of his, and that he could introduce us. Went went back to Jimmy' s apartment complex, and Nathan lived in the same housing complex. We stopped at Nathan's apartment, and Nathan was home. Nathan answered the door in boxers and a wife beater t shirt. He was so embarrassed, and went straight to his room and got changed. So I was talking to Nathan's roommate's and getting to know them. Nathan came out. I was totally drawn to him. Very sweet, and a little shy. I left, and about an hour later, I got a page(this was 1998, we used pagers back then!), and it was a UCF number ( all of the numbers being with 823(UCF)) And I thought it was maybe my friend Jimmy. So when I got home, I called it, and it was Nathan. He asked me out to dinner that night. So we went out to Applebee's and it hit off. His fraternity was having a social that Saturday at a park, and he asked me to go with him. So, I did, and we went canoeing. We hit it off really well, and we both liked each other, but Nathan was going home in a few days for the summer to Pensacola, and we were in the middle of moving. So, we wrote letters, emails, and called ( I still have all of the letters!) and kept in touch all summer.
When Nathan came back to go to UCF, he moved in to his fraternity house. A lot had gone on that summer, and we decided that we should just be friends for awhile. I was young and wanting to party, and so was he. We felt everything was getting too serious, too fast. So we parted ways. We'd see each other at fraternity parties, smile and make small talk. Then in May 1999, Nathan called me clear out of the blue. He said he really needed to talk to me. I remember it was a Thursday night, and I didn't want to miss Dawson's creek...ha ha So we went out before the show (to the same Applebee's!), and he said some amazing things to me. That he couldn't keep me off his mind, and that he really wanted to try to have a relationship, and it drove him nuts to see me with other guys. He told me that every girl he dated he always compared them to me. At the end he warned me that if we had a relationship, it was going to be serious, and that we were probably going to end up married. He was right.....we fell madly in love......and married March 15, 2002!! To this date we still haven't had a major fight! We are total opposites about...well...everything! But I think that is why we work so well!

Nathan- You're still the one :) You are my everything, and I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow :) I'll always be your brown eyed girl! "Ludge" ya times a million- Libs

No comments:

Post a Comment