Wesley's surgery will be at 6:30 am tomorrow, at Athen's Regional, in the Outpatient surgery center. We had a long morning of Dr's visits, and blood work, and we got home late this afternoon. So far, everything looks good. We are impressed with the Outpatient surgery center- its gorgeous (its an old plantation house,and the hospital part is a new addition in the way back) and the staff is amazing, and VERY kid friendly. Please pray that all goes well. I probably won't be able to update you all until late tomorrow night. We will have a private recovery room, and we will have to stay at least 6-8 hours.
This morning was just a glimpse of whats to come. Poor baby. A couple of the surgeons came in to talk to us, and Wesley was saying "I'm scared." They had to get some blood work on him, and of course he was saying " No thank you....that hurts... stop...no give me 'be boos" Afterwards, and mostly all day he kept saying" That lady put a long needle on me." Poor kiddo....who knows what is going on in his head.
We were sitting in the waiting room, and Wesley said (really loud) " Look, an old lady" He said "old Lady" about 50 times. I kept shushing him. I was probably purple in the face...lol
This surgery is a humbling experience. It makes you realize how much you take for granted! Thank you God for a healthy baby. Thank God we only have this minor procedure, and we are not in the hospital for months with a sick child. Thank you God for insurance. Even with insurance...and the copays, its expensive...Thank you God for the stimulus check, so we don't have to use our savings. Thank you God for Nathan and his job. I am so thankful Nathan is off and able to help me. Thank you God for giving Wesley such a loving and compassionate Daddy. Today as Wes was screaming about getting his blood drawn, I saw Nathan tearing up. You have no idea what that does to my heart strings, that he has that much empathy for his child. Nathan is such an awesome person. I am so very thankful for him. Thank you God for amazing family, friends, and a church family to pray for us, love on us, and give us such support.
Moral of the story....I'm a blessed girl.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment