Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Muffins with Mommy


Wesley and I had our little breakfast date this morning at "Muffins with Mom" at his school. My little boy will be out of school next time by this week! It seems like I was just dropping him off for the first time, and driving away in tears. oh...how the years go by... I am really trying to take in every second with him, and not take a moment for granted, because soon, I'll be sitting at his high school graduation thinking "Jeez, just yesterday, I was dropping him off at preschool!" I am so thankful for Wesley. He has taught me so much. Here are just a few things....
Stop complaining so much
Wesley went through a phase that he complained about everything. I heard how annoying it was. So it made me look at myself differently. If I am complaining about silly things daily, I am sure those around me are tired of hearing it too. I stop and listen to myself when I start to gripe and realize complaining isn’t going to get me the results I desire. It is one thing to identify something uncomfortable or painful you wish to change, and another to sit and complain about it and do nothing. Solutions provide value - gripes zap energy. Besides, how can I expect my son to stop complaining, if I complain ?
To Experiment
Children learn by experimentation. There are things that I can do for Wesley in an easier way, but chose to let him "figure it out." There are times that it would be easier for me to hurry up and just do it, but I catch myself, and realize that he can do things his own way, and usually he does it in a way that I have never thought about!! We learn by experimenting. Never stop experimenting.
Unconditional love
I am always amazed that Wesley wants to be with me every second of the day. He still cries when I leave and it almost humors me. I mean....I am kinda boring..haha. Obviously I discipline him when I need to, so you'd think he'd love to have the freedom of doing what he wants with out me watching! Wesley's love is unconditional, patient and forever. Even after time out, he comes back and says "sworry" and kisses me. The feeling is vice versa. I can't get enough of my son. I can't stop staring at him, or smiling at him. I call my Mom or MIL 10x a day and tell him all the cute things he is doing. I still go in his room, and watch him sleep, and I would give anything to make him safe and happy.
I really can go on forever about being a Mom, and how much it has truly changed me. It has changed me forever. I thank God for giving me the honor of being Wesley's mother. I thank Wesley for being patient with me, as his mother. I thank God for the chance to create, love, and get to know my handsome miracle that he is, and I thank everyone who has touched and enriched our life together, as Mother and Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment