Thursday, May 29, 2008

Photograhpy

Its no secret that I want to start a photography business. Not only do I love taking pictures- especially candids of children, but I love editing pictures on Photo shop. When you come into my house- you see photos, not purchased works of art. My photos are works of art to me. I love looking at a picture, and being brought back to that time period. Since I love candids so much- I hate portrait studios. I hate posed pictures. With the exception of Picture People. I think Picture people does a great job of getting a good mix of both.

For my birthday last year, Nathan and my Dad bought me a really great camera. TA couple days before my Dad died, he asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I told him a Canon Rebel xt, and explained it was almost $800. He said to me- "we'll see"....and asked Nathan to go half on it with him. Nathan said ok. So...on my birthday- Nathan surprised me with the camera, and said it was from my Dad. I love love my camera. It takes awesome pictures!
Here are a few that I took yesterday that I am happy with how they turned out. I am planning on taking Wes back to this park, and take more summer candid shots of him. I'll start posting more, and I am working on getting my portfolio together. I had a friend in Fl who did this as a Work at home Mom business, started charging $50 sitting fees, and she has gotten so good, and experienced, that she now charges over $200 for a sitting fee. I am far a way from that, but one day...I'll get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment