Friday, May 2, 2008
Crazy Car seats
Sometimes I wonder why parenthood doesn't include a manual. Lately when I put Wesley in his car seat, it seems the harness is getting tighter and tighter. Even though, its at it's maximum length! So...I was reading the side of the car seat, and noticed that the weight only goes to 40 pounds. AH! My son is 37 pounds!! So last weekend Nathan and I went car seat shopping. This was a part of our date night Saturday. Chilli's for dinner, car seat shopping at Babies R Us afterwards...fun...and exciting...ha ha. But actually it was a blessing to not have Wesley while we are trying to shop for a seat! Jeez...I even did research before we went shopping. Of course the seats I had picked are out of stock...great. So I call my Mother in Law, and asked her to look up the seats and ratings on the Internet while I am in the store. So...all the seats say harness up to 40 pounds, seat belt 30-100 pounds. So...I thought " Wow, my 2.5 year old is ready for a seat belt?" Nathan and I bought a seat that we thought would harness him for awhile longer. After we had it installed, and put Wesley in it, we realized we were back to what we started with. So...I researched some more, and asked on some parenting discussion boards...and I was blown away....LOL! Wow, I guess this is a heated debate among Moms! I asked in a group, and immediately I had Moms replying and begging me not to put him in a seat belt! They even had Utube videos for me to watch, and little "signatures" about how their child will be harnessed until the age of 4! Whoa! So I said " Yes, I agree, and my little monkey would be crawling out of a shoulder belt!! But what seat do I use?!" FINALLY! I found it!! Its the Graco Nautilus. Its new to the car seat market...but we LOVE IT! I wish I would have found out about it sooner! It can harness a child until up to 65 pounds! So...any of you Mommas out there looking for a new toddler car seat, or if you are one of my MILLION pregnant friends right now- REGISTER FOR THIS SEAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment