Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Dad's final resting spot


When my Dad died, I was so thankful that I knew his wishes. He wanted to be cremated, and have his ashes put in this creek. This was the creek that he swam in as a child. This creek was just a few blocks from his house. I even teased him that I didn't want to have to go back to Wellsburg, West Virginia, but he insisted. So, of course when he died, very unexpectedly, we definitely went through with his wishes. It was a nice way to remember him, going home to his hometown, and spending Father's day weekend honoring my Dad.

A few people asked to see a picture....here it is....There is so much more that I want blog about with this trip, but I just can't right now unless I want to be sitting here bawling my eyes out. Which is not a top thing on my list tonight...haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment