Friday, August 22, 2008

Catch up post

Ok, so I have a few things to catch you up on

1. For some reason my pictures from Lake Lure are not showing up on my Kodak Gallery page. The album is, but the pictures are not. I have contacted Kodak, and its an internal problem, and they'll be fixing it shortly. In the mean time enjoy maternity pictures I took of my friend Abby and her daughter. I am so relieved that these came out good!! Abby is scheduled to be induced to have her baby boy on Monday! Say a prayer for her!

2. Things are looking up for the West Virginia trip. My cousin said that on Saturday we have to go to the bank- which is a good thing. haha....I have been DYING to know what my Aunt was so insistent on leaving me. I was able to find a rental car for $25!!! (with taxes and fees!!) so I am happy to not have to rely on anyone having to pick me up and drive me around. There are a few things that I want to do while I am up there. Visit Grave sites. Go to my Grandma's church. Visit the creek where my Dad's ashes were scattered. Have DiCarlo's Pizza (a local pizza place that my Dad and Grandpa LOVED. We ate there all the time.) Take Photos of my Dad's High school football field (he was a celebrity there). Have Ice Cream at the Dairy Owl. I am visiting places that my Dad when to and enjoyed as a child. I am not going to lie, this is going to be a rough trip for me. I already have a lump in my throat thinking about it. All those people who loved me, and took care of me, who I spent countless summers with are gone. Their belongings donated to Goodwill, their houses that were built by my Grandpa and my Great Grandparents, and have been in the family for over 100 years are being sold to just anyone. For nothing. My Aunts house is up for sale for 15k. I know its an old home, and needs work, but 15k?! Wellsburg, Wva once was a bustling town, filled with people, but since the Steel Mills have closed down, families have moved, school have closed, and real estate is not good there.

3. I Have decided Haylee is not allowed to go home. Instead she is going to stay here with me. It has been SO nice having her around. Its nice having someone to talk to all day, and for someone to play with Wesley. She is so good with him, and plays trains and blocks with him for hours! We went grocery shopping today, and she walked around with him, and he pushed his cart around the store. It was so nice having her there to keep him busy while I concentrated on my sales and coupons!

4. Speaking of sales and coupons, I saved $105 at Publix today! I spent 54.00, but I got so much stuff! My favorite is the Juicy Juice that is buy one get one free...and I had $1.00 off coupons on top of that, so it made it 1.50 for two bottles- 74 cents each- yay! I got 4 today, and Nathan is getting 4 more on Sunday (so he can get the penny item :). I also found some Dove Hairspray that was clearanced for $1.75- and I had 2 $2.00 off coupons, so they paid me 50 cents for 2 bottles of hairspray! The Lysol deal is great too, if you buy 3 Lysol products, you get $3.00 off, stack those with Manufacturer coupons ( Mine were all $1.00 off) you get some great savings- like Lysol wipes for .89 cents a package ( I am addicted to these wipes!). I prefer Clorox or Method....but for the price- I can deal with it :) LOL! Not to mention had coupons for Free bread, Salad dressing, hot dogs, Wheat Thins, 4 packs of gum, and cheese- Love it :)!

So I think that's about it! I am going to go help Haylee scrapbook! Oh thats another things I love about having Haylee here, she loves to scrapbook, so she's been scrapbooking with me and keeping me motivated! Wah.....I don't want her to leave!! Talk to you on Monday :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment