Friday, August 15, 2008

Let me tell you about Etsy...

Oh man...I am taking a chance telling you about this site. Consider yourself warned- you might become as addicted as I am. Etsy.com is a website sorta like ebay, but its homemade crafts. I am not talking about your Grandma's type of crafts. I am talking about super cute custom made boutique style stuff. I LOVE the jewelry on here. Oh my goodness...its is just too cute! There is everything and anything on there from cheap to expensive. You name it, they have it...and its HOMEMADE!!!! Love it!
I am such a sucker for custom made items. Some of my favorite baby items are the most impractical. Did I really need an embroidered baby wipe case? No....but oh man, is it cute...and I love it! Another of my fav's is a cute embroidered cup insert for the playtex sippy cups. I have a few of these in different designs, and I love that I never have to use labels or sharpies to label Wesley's stuff for school or the church nursery. I have actually been delaying taking Wes off the sippy cup because I love them so much....BUT! I found something almost as cute. At Pottery Barn kids, I found these reuseable juice boxes (obviously I got blue!). Perfect, not spill able, I can send it to school...but how can I personalize it? Ah...I found someone who does Vinyl Lettering (uppercase living) and they are making me little "Wesley" vinyl decals that are dishwasher safe to apply to my new juice boxes. I can't wait! I am also looking for a reuseable lunch bag for Wesley's snack at school. i want something small that can hold a juice box, and a snack, and thats about it. Since we have to use the "ugly" bag that the school provides, it needs to be small enough to fit in that bag. Last year I got Wesley's bag embroidered with his name, and I think I am going to do that, and something else cute to the bag. I know...I know.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment