My cousin Haylee is in town, and she is a pure joy to have around. We have a lot of fun when she is here, and she is a huge help! She spends most of the days hanging out at my house or running around with me, and she is great with Wesley. Its nice having an extra set of hands, especially if I want to run to Publix while Wes is sleeping, I can go and get back before he gets up, and she'll stay with him. This week we have some fun teen stuff planned, Tuesday we are going to see Traveling Pants 2, and Wednesday we are having a Spa day. My Sister in Law Anna is VERY gifted with hair, (and is thinking of going to Cosmetology school) so she is going to highlight my hair, and Haylee's hair. We are also going to do pedi's and facials :) Fun :) Haylee wants to spend her entire summer with us next year, and I told her she was welcome to if her parents would allow it. She is such a sweetheart!Saturday we went to the Turtle Festival in Jefferson, which is a great festival with tons
to do for the kids! They have a turtle race, but we didn't stay for that. The money raised goes to a local children's home, and its a great community event. We went to the bounce houses, craft tents, animal tents, and then we came across this golf cart area with cones. We saw some teens driving
it with a police officer. I suggested Haylee do it, she was hesitant at first, then decided to try it. It turns out that the kids had to wear these goggles that simulated what it would look like if you were drunk. Haylee was hitting cones left and right, and the cop looked scared! She was even dragging cones. Its funny because the night before she was at my house and were playing games. We were talking about her and her drivers licence. She said she wants to get her learners in November. So, I said, "well if you have your learners next year, you can drive me around".....um...ya...after seeing her behind the wheel this weekend- NO THANKS :) Wesley's highlight was sitting in a Helicopter. He was thrilled and told the pilot he was going to fly one when he gets big.
to do for the kids! They have a turtle race, but we didn't stay for that. The money raised goes to a local children's home, and its a great community event. We went to the bounce houses, craft tents, animal tents, and then we came across this golf cart area with cones. We saw some teens driving
it with a police officer. I suggested Haylee do it, she was hesitant at first, then decided to try it. It turns out that the kids had to wear these goggles that simulated what it would look like if you were drunk. Haylee was hitting cones left and right, and the cop looked scared! She was even dragging cones. Its funny because the night before she was at my house and were playing games. We were talking about her and her drivers licence. She said she wants to get her learners in November. So, I said, "well if you have your learners next year, you can drive me around".....um...ya...after seeing her behind the wheel this weekend- NO THANKS :) Wesley's highlight was sitting in a Helicopter. He was thrilled and told the pilot he was going to fly one when he gets big. After we left the festival we headed to my brother's house for my Birthday party! Yay! My Mom
made tons of yummy Mexican food (my fav) and we had fun playing with all of Nelson's stuff. Hot tub, sauna, ping pong, anything you could ask for :) His house is pretty "pimped" out ha ha. Wesley thinks Nelson's hot tub is a pool :)I got some great B-day presents! Poor Anna was so
excited that she got me this dress for my birthday. She said" I saw it, and it was sooo Libby, I had to buy it." I opened it, it was the same dress I bought two weeks ago (and wore to Thomas)! It was funny because when Nathan saw it, he said " Lib- that dress screams you." So, I told her I would return it, and find something that screams "me" again..:) Saturday was so much fun! We really had a great time with our family! Sunday we had church, and Nathan had to help out before and after, so he was busy most of the morning, I got some groceries at Publix, and relaxed and had dinner with my family this afternoon. God is so good, and we are so blessed!
made tons of yummy Mexican food (my fav) and we had fun playing with all of Nelson's stuff. Hot tub, sauna, ping pong, anything you could ask for :) His house is pretty "pimped" out ha ha. Wesley thinks Nelson's hot tub is a pool :)I got some great B-day presents! Poor Anna was so
excited that she got me this dress for my birthday. She said" I saw it, and it was sooo Libby, I had to buy it." I opened it, it was the same dress I bought two weeks ago (and wore to Thomas)! It was funny because when Nathan saw it, he said " Lib- that dress screams you." So, I told her I would return it, and find something that screams "me" again..:) Saturday was so much fun! We really had a great time with our family! Sunday we had church, and Nathan had to help out before and after, so he was busy most of the morning, I got some groceries at Publix, and relaxed and had dinner with my family this afternoon. God is so good, and we are so blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment