So, today was my second trip to Publix. Yesterday I went, and I don't have all the details of my trip. I do know that the total was 89.00 and after coupons it was an even 40.00. So I saved more than I spent- especially if you work in the advantage buys and B1G1's :) (I got 4 of the Honey Bunches of Oats cereal FREE!, 2 things of kids Yogurt- FREE!) I did a lot of the B1G1 Deals, also I bought Fruit, Vegetables,milk, ground beef and chicken. My Hubby LOVES Sushi, so I also bought $10.00 in sushi. I do need to mention that I had a Kroger coupon that if you spent $70, you get $7 off. Since I am a loyal Publix girl, I used it there. I got great deals yesterday, but didn't think to save my receipt!
Also, it pays to live in Georgia...haha. Here they double all 50 cent and under coupons, everyday automatically. And if you shop on Sunday or Monday you get a mystery item for a penny. This week it was Iced Tea, last week it was Publix bags, other weeks have been 12 packs of soda, hot dogs, paper towels, bleach etc. For a PENNY! :) So, I usually try to split some stuff up, and go both days if I can, since I have one so close by. Especially if its a good penny item! oh- also on Monday's they have Sunday papers half off, so if the coupons are good- I go and get another paper!!
Ok....so here's my shopping today.2 -boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars B1G1 Free
2.89 for 2- used two 50 cent coupons from Sunday paper, and they doubled it to 1.00, so I paid .89 cents for two.2 Yopliat Kids yogurt B1G1 Free
2.79 for 2- used two 1.50 off coupons (available online), so they were free plus .21 cents overage!!Public Iced Tea 1/2 gallon
1.38, paid 1 cent for Sun/Mon promotion.
Not on sale....
Lunch Meat-$2.50
Cheese-$2.50
Sour Cream-99 cents
Shredded Cheese-2.99
(both needed for dinner tonight)
Total out of pocket: 10.08
Saved 13.13
Also, I have given up on eating mostly organic. Its hard. So, we do buy organic Fruit and Vegetables and Milk. Yogurt and cheese- I just buy whatever. I tried.....its just way too hard!! I'm off to CVS tomorrow...I am not too impressed with their deal this week.....With all this couponing, our Grocery household budget has gone down tremendously. When i was reading people's blogs about feeding a family of 4 on $40.00 a week, I thought " They must eat low quality food or dirt." But its TOTALLY doable!! We used to budget $150 a week in groceries.....I am getting by with about $60 a week. This month we have sent an extra $400 to Nathan's student loans! YAY! His Student Loans are the only debt we have other than our mortgage, and we are so determined to pay them off by next year.
Also, I am on an "extra" high today because I called our Car insurance comapny and got our 6 month rate lowered!!

No comments:
Post a Comment