Ok...if you've watched the Wiggles, you get that title!
After we made play dough, we made Banana bread, Pumpkin Bread and prepped dinner! Making Pumpkin bread made my house smell like yummy Fall.....so tomorrow i am making Pumpkin Bars!! I usually wait until at least mid September...like the first day of Fall....But I can't wait- yummy! I am dying to get my Fall decorations out, I might have to do that next week!
Wes and I had some cooking fun today. Usually I let him help with dishes, or other things, not
much cooking, but he loved it so much, and did so great, I am going to do some more in the kitchen with him. First we made Play dough with kool aid mixed in to give it a nice scent and color. Wesley's favorite color is yellow- so of course he picked the yellow kool aid. We don't drink kool aid, I only have packets because there was a promotion that
if you bought a certain amount of Kraft products, you get another product free. Well Kool Aid is a kraft product- and its cheap, so that was my qualifying kraft product purchase ( I got free hot dogs, cheese, wheat thins, & Salad dressing!). So anyway...the play dough came out great, and Wes had fun using the kitchen utensils when he played with it. Here's the recipe! Its super easy, and it smell so much better and feels better than regular play dough!
much cooking, but he loved it so much, and did so great, I am going to do some more in the kitchen with him. First we made Play dough with kool aid mixed in to give it a nice scent and color. Wesley's favorite color is yellow- so of course he picked the yellow kool aid. We don't drink kool aid, I only have packets because there was a promotion that
if you bought a certain amount of Kraft products, you get another product free. Well Kool Aid is a kraft product- and its cheap, so that was my qualifying kraft product purchase ( I got free hot dogs, cheese, wheat thins, & Salad dressing!). So anyway...the play dough came out great, and Wes had fun using the kitchen utensils when he played with it. Here's the recipe! Its super easy, and it smell so much better and feels better than regular play dough!1 cup cold water
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 pkg. kool-aid
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar **
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 pkg. kool-aid
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar **
Stir first 3 ingredients together.Add the remaining ingredients;cook for about 5 minutes over low heat until consistency of mashed potatoes.Remove dough from pot and knead for a couple of minutes. Careful- its HOT!
Cream of Tartar is a dry powder ingredient that helps stabilize and give more volume to baked goods. You can find it in the flour/sugar/spice area in the grocery store. When I taught Pre-k, the Mom's of the class would help by making a batch of play dough every month, and make it the color of the month. Once I opened the play dough up, and it smelled fishy.... really fishy...I thought I was going to puke ( I should add that I had morning sickness too). So I asked my assistant to smell it, and she said" Ew...ya...something is not right. " The Mom used TARTAR SAUCE!! EW!! I still could hurl thinking about that.....
Cream of Tartar is a dry powder ingredient that helps stabilize and give more volume to baked goods. You can find it in the flour/sugar/spice area in the grocery store. When I taught Pre-k, the Mom's of the class would help by making a batch of play dough every month, and make it the color of the month. Once I opened the play dough up, and it smelled fishy.... really fishy...I thought I was going to puke ( I should add that I had morning sickness too). So I asked my assistant to smell it, and she said" Ew...ya...something is not right. " The Mom used TARTAR SAUCE!! EW!! I still could hurl thinking about that.....
After we made play dough, we made Banana bread, Pumpkin Bread and prepped dinner! Making Pumpkin bread made my house smell like yummy Fall.....so tomorrow i am making Pumpkin Bars!! I usually wait until at least mid September...like the first day of Fall....But I can't wait- yummy! I am dying to get my Fall decorations out, I might have to do that next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment