Monday, August 18, 2008

Dirty Dancing

O.M.G. I am excited about our trip to North Carolina. Ok- so I love Dirty Dancing. Love love love it. ALL time favorite movie, and I have watched it 1000 times. I got the soundtrack when I was 10, and I loved all the dances and tried to recreate them. So, when my Mom and I were searching for a quick little get away, and we found this- I squealed! So...I did some more searching on the web (I heart yahoo!), and the entire movie was not shot here, but certain scenes, such as the FINAL DANCE!, Johnny's cabin, staff quarters and those scenes!! I am so excited! This where we are staying- http://lakelure.com/lake_lure_inn.php

Just as a side note. I quote this movie often, and I had my SIL, Anna giggling last week when I was carrying around that big watermelon, and I kept saying " I carried a watermelon?" Man something about that movie.... Nathan keeps singing "She's like the wind...."

I'm into nostalgic stuff like that. When I went to Boston a few years ago, I so wanted to go to the bar where "Cheers" was filmed, where the "Real World" house was, and silly things like that. Maybe its my obsession with Hollywood? Oh that reminds me...a new season of the Hills starts tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment