He loved his pacifier....and it never really bothered me. At 18 months I tried taking it away, but Wesley screamed and screamed for it....and I gave in. My friend Ellen (Wesley's
God Mom) was watching him at the office for me while I was working, and she told me that I should let him keep it. So I compromised. Only in bed. That's it. So Wesley adjusted to that well. As soon I would get him up, He'd take it out and leave it in his bed. I would let him have it for stressful situations, like his surgery, when we were moving or long car rides, but besides that- it was a only at bed time thing. Well today Wesley gave Baby Graham all of his pacifiers. We only had 2 left (we are talking about the child who slept with 8 of them) and I have been slowly throwing them away. I thought we were in for the long haul- but to my surprise he is doing great! He cried a bit at nap time, but Wes is going through that "I don't want to take a nap phase...." (but then sleeps for 2-3 hours, so he obviously still needs it) and I just reminded him that Baby Graham needed them, and that he was a big boy. Bed time was the same way! After I reminded him, he was fine, and tossed and turned a bit longer that usual, but fell asleep within 20 minutes of going to bed, and has been out since! Yay! I have been purposefully waiting until Graham arrived to do this. I wanted to get through his surgery, and potty training before taking them away, and I wanted to do it before school started. I thought giving them to Graham would be the perfect way for Wes to understand. I am excited because I accomplished the two goals I wanted to get done this summer with Wes- Potty training and pacifiers! We are going to go to Build a bear as a "Big Boy" treat for giving up his pacifiers!
Now......I think we have a "Crib for life" kid too...haha....he doesn't want out of his crib- at all. I bought his bed right after we moved in, thinking our days are limited for him sleeping in his crib. Well, one year later, he's still in the crib, and happy about it. I ask him if he wants in his other bed, and he laughs and says "No, this is my bed!" Whatever.....I guess if he's comfortable and happy- not to push the issue. When he was 9 months old, I taught him not to stand in his crib. I guess this has always stuck...and he still is just laying there when I get him up in the morning. I put a few books in his bed, every night when I go to bed, and usually he just lays there and looks at them until I get him. Honestly it makes me feel better knowing that he is safe and sound, and can't get out of his room or into anything. If I would have known this, I would have invested in a nicer crib!
Hopefully we won't be setting this crib up in his dorm! :)Ps- Looking for those pacifier pictures got me to looking at my pictures of my baby.....he's growing up too fast :*( I just love that little guy. Really. He's my best lil bud!

No comments:
Post a Comment