Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dumpster Diving and other weekend fun!

So, I'll get straight to my title. No, I have not TOTALLY gone off the deep end, and decided to rummage through garbage for bargains. This weekend I have been looking for my little camera. I have two digital cameras, My "little camera" is my cheap throw in my purse camera, then I have my "good camera" my super nice Canon digital camera. I have been looking for my little camera all weekend. I knew that I had it because I had the memory card, so that meant I didn't leave anywhere. I was puzzled and looked everywhere. So tonight, I got this idea to go through our big trash can in the Garage- and I FOUND IT! Let me back track....on Friday I was doing some major cleaning. I am talking major- base boards, dusting ceiling fans..etc...so Wes was under foot all day long. At one point I was putting sheets on our bed, and Wes was playing in the loft. I had some folded laundry, and I was waiting for another load to dry before I put that load away. When I came back to check on him, he had put a bunch of laundry in the upstairs trash cans that were sitting by the steps to be taken downstairs to be emptied. Really. I need to learn my lesson. Never leave my kid alone with my clean laundry.....when will I learn?! So I got the stuff out of the trash....so today I thought about it....yup... checked the trash, and there it was. Jeez....



Our plans this weekend were ruined by the Atlanta DOT, the football game in the Georgia dome, and the Freedom Fest Concert. We were planning on going to Six Flags, but we heard about 3 hour delays on I-85...and said....we'll wait another weekend. I am actually pretty happy that I had a few peaceful days! These past few weekends have been crazy! So Saturday we spent some time outside just enjoying each other (and soaking up the sun!) and of course we watched lots of football! I like football, but I am not the type who has to stay home to watch a game (neither is Nathan, thank God!). We cheered on our UCF Knights who won 17-0!! WOOO HOOO! Saturday night Nathan and I went out on a date. We ended up going out to dinner at Outback, then went shopping. The outlets had great sales since its Labor Day weekend! I got some cute sun dresses for Florida (we are going in 2 weeks), and I got some great stuff for Wesley to put away for Next Summer. After that we went Grocery shopping ( I know- we are so exciting...lol....) I spent 29.91 and saved 77.56! I love Publix!

In other couponing news....I went to CVS today....and I paid 13.56 out of pocket for all this stuff.... and got 15.69 in Extra Care Bucks (Basically CVS money) back...so actually CVS paid me 2.13 to buy all of this stuff! YAY! I am making a BIG donation to our local food bank this week, and giving some of this stuff to my Sister in Law, Anna. I usually make Anna a bag up of fun stuff that I get free (or next to free) each week, in exchange for STARBUCKS! Sounds like a pretty good exchange...huh ? :) I am also excited because our Church is going to Belize next summer, and I already have so much stuff for them, and I have so much for my operation Christmas Child boxes!


Tomorrow I have meeting with my Pastor in the morning about the Children's ministry. I am excited. I am ready to get my feet back into working at the church, and back into Children's Ministry! After that, we are going to Build a Bear at the mall. This is something Wes has wanted to do for awhile, so I thought this would be fun for him to do as a treat for giving up his Pacifiers (We told him Six Flags was his treat since they have a new Thomas town there....but we didn't go...so...). We are also expecting my cousins on Monday which will be fun. Tuesday Nelson and Anna are both off, so they are spending the day with us....and Wednesday Wesley starts school! (Pedicure, tanning, Starbucks morning for me...haha)




No comments:

Post a Comment