Wednesday, August 13, 2008

wow....what has happened to me?!

I have always been thrifty. I'll admit, not frugal. I will totally splurge on new outfits at Ann Taylor Loft (my fav), pedicures at least once a month, Vera Bradley's, and Starbucks when ever I feel like it. And lets face it....my son has enough clothes for 10 kids (and Pajamas for 20:)...BUT... I won't even buy a toilet paper with out having a coupon. Which I will never be in the position that I will need toilet paper because I have so much "stockpiled" from the last sale that I never need" anything.

Well, I have gone off the deep end. I got a coupon Binder, More like a briefcase, but yes folks, a BINDER. I was so tired of flipping through piles of coupons in my pocket accordion filer, that I invested in a coupon binder- and its PINK....and I got a Pink Calculator too! Of course if I am having a binder to carry from store to store, its gotta be cute. They didn't have any in a Vera Bradley Print/paisley, or you better believe I would have bought it. So surfing through the net....I see this.....

Ok, so here's my coupon binder. The front pockets I keep my list paper, scissors, My cute PINK calculator and pens....
Then in the inside I have a accordion file on the left and I keep my ads and uncut coupons in those pockets. Also, I got three pencil pouches, and labeled them for the 3 stores I shop the most CVS (pink), Publix (Green), Kroger (blue). I keep coupons and lists of what I want to get in there.




Then I have all my sections tabbed off with page dividers, Health and Beauty, Cleaning Products, etc. I used Baseball card sleeves to put my coupons in, and each page is devoted to a different sub category (like Dental health, Hair Products, etc). If i have more than one of a coupon (which 99% of the time, I do) I put all the same coupons in the same slot. I love this system! So...eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!! Seriously you would think we are hurting for money, but actually we are in the best financial position we have ever been in, and I LOVE doing this!! I love to shop. Period. For anything. So...I love couponing along with it too! I get the biggest "high" when I leave and get stuff that I would buy normally for a couple bucks!



Oh by the way.....man...I so want to be a student again! They have SUCH cute school supplies out!

No comments:

Post a Comment