Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lake Lure and Chimney Rock North Carolina Trip

Sorry this was delayed. I had a few friends who emailed, and said "Where is your post on North Carolina?" Well, I am TIRED from running around and driving, and I am also trying to get things in order before I leave for West Virginia this weekend. Laundry, unpacking, repacking...all that lovely stuff with a 2 year old who wants to "help."

Ok...so Tuesday we got up early, and drove to North Carolina. We got to the hotel, had lunch, and went swimming. Then Wes needed a nap (so did I), so my Mom and Haylee went for a walk, while we took a nap. About 2 hours later, Wes and I got up, and joined Haylee and My Mom and we went on a boat ride around Lake Lure. We saw the area where the Dirty Dancing water scenes were filmed, and I am so sad to say that the lodge where the dances were filmed, and some of the cabins were burned by an arsonist. wah :( We did get to see some of the places, and I was happy with that! We took a bunch of fun pictures by the famous staircase that Baby practices on, and I was trying to get Haylee to lift me in the water where the water scenes were filmed, but she wouldn't! So I told Nathan that when we go back I want him to :) haha We went to a great Italian restaurant for dinner, then went back to the hotel to swim some more. Can I say that I am just amazed at Wesley's ability in the pool? He can float, jump off the side and swim underwater for 4-5 seconds! Just amazing.

Wednesday morning we got up and went to Chimney rock. We only saw about a 1/3 of what the park had to offer, but we were all tired, and only explored some of the park. I definitely want to go back in the fall, The views were just amazing! Here are a few pictures, and I uploaded tons on the Kodak site. Sorry this post s so short, but I am pressed for time!! I just got Wes down for his nap, so I have about 2 hours to knock out my "to do list!"

No comments:

Post a Comment