Friday, August 8, 2008

Gettin' bloggie with it

Ya know, I had no idea about this blogging world. Up until a few months ago, I thought blogspot was a site like myspace, where you had to have an account to look at blogs. I had no idea that there were this many people blogging, and that I had friends doing it! I can not believe all the underground societies with this blogging world. I have been referred to other blogs by google, and I am just shocked about what people write about, how often they write, and post. There are Moms who blog about their crazy family and never ending laundry, their are pregnant Moms who blog about their pregnancies that will end in tragedies, their are Moms who blog about finding the best deals. The list just goes on and on. The thing I have realized with reading these blogs is that basically, deep down, we are all the same. We want the best for our children and husbands, we all want a soapbox to stand on and get our thoughts out, we want to feel validated. For the longest time, I thought people who blogged about their lives were one of those types. You know...my life is so grand...my kid is so smart....we are so perfect. I can't stand those types. Talking about your children here and there- sure....but I see right through that stuff, and I know that people who brag about how great their life is all the time are usually the unhappiest. You know what type I am talking about. I have found out that I am wrong about that for the most part. People are really honest and real in their blogs.
Blogging for me is a nice way to keep in touch. Keep in touch with my church family who is missing us (and we are missing them) in Florida. For my girlfriends in Florida who I have known all my life. My extended family that is scattered across the United States. To keep those relationships going where I would talk to some people everyday and they knew about everything in my life. It warms my heart when a friend of mine said " I feel like I get to talk to you everyday and I know what is going on in your life." The fact that she cares to read my blog everyday warms my heart. Blogging is also a nice way to just vent or to write about whatever. For those who don't know, before I was an Elementary Education major in college, I was an English major. Being an English major, I had to write- a lot. I love to write (not creative writing, more expository) and its fun writing for an audience. So for now, I'll just keep on bloggin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment