Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Crossing Paths

Do you ever run into someone that was a significant part of your life at one point, and now at this time they are a distant memory? You talk to the person again, and its like talking to stranger but at the same time the familiarity of the person comes back to you. It is so strange.

My ten year reunion is coming up next weekend. I opted not to go. I was planning on it, but with as much traveling we've been doing lately, and with my good pal being about 39 weeks pregnant (and us being her labor plan:) I decided not to go. I think myspace and facebook have ruined things like that, because the fun of going is to see everyone, what they have been up to, and see how much people have changed. At this point, you can just "google" someone and see whats going on with them. With all this going on, some people clear out of the blue have contacted me.

Well. I knew it would happen sooner than later. I crossed paths with an ex. My senior year of high school, I dated an older guy...he was 21. I fell head over heels for this guy, and when we parted ways, it hurt. It hurt bad. At 17...I have no idea what I was thinking that I was ready to spend my life with someone, but at 17- you aren't thinking. Isn't amazing when you interact that person after 10 years have passed, that you realize within seconds that they are not the person you once remembered. That the man I married is the perfect soul mate for me, and that I would not change the outcome, or heart ache that I went through with these other guys. Its amazing to stand back and look at the big picture, and realize that God has a had a plan this whole time. You are oblivious to it all. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else besides Nathan. I am so thankful my life worked out the way it did these past 10 years. I have changed so much these past few years. Growing up, soul searching, and realizing the important things in life. Nathan has been at my side supporting me, loving me, challenging me, and accepting me for who I am. Unconditionally.

Now....for your viewing (or laughing) pleasure....here's a flashback to 1998....I was 17...graduating high school. Wow. I wish I knew now what I didn't back then! I also wish I was still that skinny :) Ok...actually I don't. I am a bit too skinny here....college I put on 10 pounds and I looked better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment