Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Missing Florida

I am starting to get homesick for Florida. I know, I am surprised too. Palm trees, the heat, the beach, and...the HURRICANES! Living In Orlando, they weren't that big of a deal, lots of rain, and wind, but for the most part just a day to stay home! I lived there for 26 years, and only one Hurricane was bad/scary- Hurricane Charlie. We didn't have power for a WEEK! Besides that, usually work/school is canceled and you just bunker down for the day. We would make a bunch of food, drink lots of beers, play cards and watch movies!
Hurricane Fay is hitting Florida tomorrow, I pray for no damage, and for it to be an easy storm. My poor pals....all their kids started school today (thanks for all the pics on the blogs!), and a lot of my teaching friends started school today too (I saw your sad stories about not wanting to go back on your blogs!)- and school is canceled tomorrow, so they have to have a whole new first day again on Wednesday! To all my Fl pals, have fun sleeping in to the sound of the rain and wind, and snuggling all day on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment