My friend Abby and I had the babysitters come today, and we headed out shopping in Athens. We were specifically going to register her for baby gear, but we also had to go to Home Depot to get baby room paint, and of course go to lunch :)
We were in the baby section at Target, and we were oohing and awwing over the cute baby stuff, and this neat sling caught my eye and I saw it had a red sticker in the corner. Oh- you know, that awesome little Target sale sticker. So I picked it up, and the price was originally $39.99...marked down to $5.04! I showed it to Abby, and offered to buy it for her. It wasn't her size, so she wasn't interested. So I thought- Hmmm...maybe I'll buy this and give it to someone that I know- I have 15 Friends that are pregnant right now (seriously). So I threw it in the cart, and went to check out- It wrung up $1.97! YAY! So I was looking at it, and thought- hmmm....maybe I should keep it.....ya never know ;)- Look how cute it is :) Its perfect for a nursing Mama!
Ok.....we also found this!!! YAY! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a Wii Fit! So, as soon as I saw it, I bought it! Its going to be Nathan's Father's day gift. I will definitely give it to him early (like tonight...haha)! My Aunt Margaret really wanted to try it before she left, so I am glad I found one before she leaves!This really wasn't a deal...but I am so glad I found it! I was about to pay double the price on Ebay since we couldn't find it anywhere.
Ok....here it is folks. The deal of my life. Abby and I were at Home Depot getting paint, and we walked by a section that had rugs laid out. They had a sign that said " Sample rugs- $25.00." So Abby and I stopped and
looked, and she found a really cute rug for her living room. For $25 bucks, which is a great deal, since they are usually around $150. She was so excited- I was jealous (sorta, but not really, I was happy she found one) because Abby's was so pretty. So, she said- " Why don't you get one, these are really great prices." Hmmm..ya....but I really don't have a need for it. Where would I put it? I found this rug, and thought- this would be nice in our Master bedroom. I am saving now to get an Armiore, TV and a overstuffed armchair for our bedroom (kinda like a sitting area), and this rug would kinda pull it together. I decided to buy it. I get up to the counter....and it rings up.....a penny. Yup...1 cent. The picture doesn't do it justice! Its kinda a shaggy carpet with blues, tans, and chocolate brown. But...FOR A PENNY! So...Abby was jealous....haha...not really- but you know- in good fun, but we were both REALLY happy with our bargains. A penny....can you believe it?! I guess they were going to throw it away since it didn't sell, and they never pulled it off the floor!I am starting to feel a little spoiled! Shopping with out the kiddos this morning, great bargains, and Sex in the City Movie tonight....woo hoo :)

No comments:
Post a Comment