Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Spread the love, and make this cake!

I like desserts. I am that girl who eats the left over dessert from the night before for breakfast. (I had Peanut butter pie this morning, and cookie cake the night before :) When summer comes around, I am always looking for a great dessert to bring to pot lucks, picnics, etc. Well, Abby came over for Memorial day, with this to die for dessert. Its light, and super yummy, and the best part is- you can have two pieces with out feeling sick! Here it is....make it and spread the love!!

1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in small bowl 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; carefully pour over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
FROST cake with whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment