I think its official. Wes is definitely pee pee trained! We have only had one official pee accident since we have started, and poopy is getting there. He doesn't go in his pants, but starts to. (TMI- I know) I've been watching him like a hawk, so when I see him start to go, I get him on the potty. I have now got to start "weaning him" from the prize box. The first two days I made a big deal about when he goes, and gave him a prize as soon as he did. Today, I have just sat back a bit, and if he wants a prize, I give it to him after he goes potty.
I am letting him sleep in pull ups. He's been staying dry during naps. This morning when he woke up, he was dry also, and even cuddled in my bed with me for a half an hour, and stayed dry. When he got into his underwear this morning and took his pull up off, I put him on the potty, and he peed- a lot. I was surprised he held it that long! I am not going to switch him at night time just yet- but it might be easier than I thought!
I have to say, this wasn't that bad! I think we are going to try to "lay low" this weekend. I am hosting a girls night on Saturday night, so I am sure we'll busy getting things ready for that. I just think I should give him a solid week of practice here rather than try to do the public potty thing.
On a side note- I don't like our kids potty. We have the potty seat thing, and a little potty chair. Wes prefers the little potty seat. I think its made by first years. I think am going to go to Babies R Us and invest in a new seat. I know that with little boys sitting, you should expect a mess, but it seems like this one doesn't shield "sprayer" (sorry trying not to get too graphic) well enough. When I was doing research about a potty- I read this in some reviews, but didn't really consider it. I think I am going to get the potty that "Jon and Kate" have. She's potty trained 3 boys....so I trust her judgement. I think I am going to carry it ith me in my van for a bit too. I would rather have Wes use our potty rather than a public potty. So if I can get him to go before and after each shopping trip- we should be good.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment