We are blessed. We do not have to put our babies to bed with hungry tummies. We do not have to give up our children to orphanages because we can not feed them. June 25th is a day designated to pray and fast for world hunger. If you feel led, please pray for those who are affected by the Global Food Crisis.
Stop and think how much food you waste. I was watching the "Today" show this morning, and they showed how much food a typical American family wastes in a month. Its sicking. A study showed that nearly 40-50% of all food ready for harvest doesn't get eaten.
We are blessed, yes, but also spoiled. We are wasteful. Please think about this today, as you go about eating 3 meals a day. Think about the Mom who is looking into her child's eyes, and can not feed them. Maybe I am just an optimist or a dreamer. I know I can't save the world, but if we all stood up together maybe we could find a solution.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment