Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ikeaness and Freedom Fest Jefferson

We all survived getting my Mom to the airport by 6:00 am. Nelson, and Anna came along with me to the airport on Saturday to drop my Mom off. We live about an hour away from the Atlanta airport, so we had to leave by 5:00 am. I had to get up by 4:30 because I have to shower before I start my day. Coffee and shower are a must for me to function. So...there we were sitting in Atlanta at 6 am on a Saturday morning. Ikea opened at 10. So of course we hit up Starbucks, and then walked around Target for a few hours. After that we went to Old Navy to get Anna some flip flops (her shoes were hurting her feet) and I got a really cute half priced bikini! Then...ahhh...IKEA! I love, love it! We didn't do too bad...only 3 hours. I did find a great coffee table. Our table had glass, and usually we left the glass out because Wesley would bang on it. So...I had enough of having a coffee table we could hardly use. Here's a picture:




Saturday night, the city of Jefferson (the itty bitty town where we live) had their 4th of July celebration. Wesley loved the fireworks! He was unsure at first because they were so loud, but after he realized he was ok, he loved them, and talked about them all day today! The little festival and celebration was so cute, and nicely done. We really had a great time!I didn't get many pictures, because my batteries died in my Camera. But there are a few, and I''ll upload them onto Kodak. Anna and Nelson went with us. By that point we were pretty exhausted!

My Mom is gone this week, and I am already really missing her! Weird how we used to go a week or so from seeing each other in Fl (She lived 45 minutes away) to seeing each other everyday. I've gotten used to having here all the time!! My Mom is in Chicago visiting my brother's kids. She is having a special week with them, and I am glad. I think its important that my brother's kids get some one on one time with her and have all of her attention. Wesley gets Camp Grammy every week with her, and I am so grateful for that! But...I still miss her!








No comments:

Post a Comment