I got a few emails asking about progress..sorry I am so late updating about it- its been a busy busy day and I think this is the first time I sat down at my computer since lunch time today (its now almost 11pm)but...we are doing pretty good! They usually say the first 3 days are the worst, and today was great! Wes only had one pee accident! We threw away his diapers this morning (I actually fished them out after he wasn't looking...I can't stand to waste those expensive Huggies!) and he picked out his underwear.
I explained that Thomas would be sad if Wes got him wet, and that he needs to pee in the potty. All weekend we have been showing him the "potty prize box." He's been wanting to "pick something" (as he says), but I kept telling him, when he goes to the potty he can. So.....this morning when he got to pick something after he went potty- he wanted more. I basically just put lots of candy, and little cheap toys in the box. Wesley hardly gets candy...not because I am a mean Mom, I just don't really think to buy it! (forgive my art work on the potty prize box....lame...I know....but it gets the job done!)
When he had his accident, I was actually on the phone, and I heard him say " oh no!' He peed on his little denim Wesley chair (thank god for Washable covers!). I asked him what it was...first he said "water" then he said "happle juice" (that's how he says apple)...then he said..."its poopy."I said- its OK to have an accident, but lets try really hard to go pee in the potty. So, the afternoon went great. I just stuck by his side, and watched his cues. I only went through ONE pair of underwear!!!! I finished "Hopes Boy" today while hanging out with him. I have another book that I am I can run some errands, and go work out.
On a side note....My Uncle Henry died today :( It was my Grandpa's brother. He was the father of Paul, my Dad's cousin, who he was REALLY close with. Keep Paul in your prayers. He hasn't gotten over my Dad's death (nobody has) and now he just lost his Dad. Paul has a daughter who is my age, Darcy,and we talk regularly. Please keep her in your prayers too.

No comments:
Post a Comment