No...not with another man....with a website! http://www.organize.com/
Man, is it AWESOME! I am finding products that organize spaces- and I love it! Last week, I realized that I had outgrown my jewelry box. My Grandpa made it for my Grandma for their first Christmas together. I love it. When my Grandma passed away, it was one of those things that I really wanted (and all of her HAND WRITTEN recipes). Anyway, I am sorta a necklace junkie. The chunkier- the better. My friends even say its my "trademark." I'm never fully dressed with out a necklace- :). My collection has been getting bigger and bigger through the years, and I felt bad about the way I was storing them. So...I thought hmmm....maybe I should get small nails, and hang them some how in my walk in closet. Then I thought- nah, I don't want nails all over in there. Plus I have plans to paint it all cute and girly (with a Vera Bradley theme- yes my closet is that big). So....when I found this site- I was ecstatic when I found this product!
Its an 80 pocket Necklace/jewelry organizer. It has 40 pockets on the front, and 40 on the back. It also has a great hanger, so I can hang it from my closet door.
So, this afternoon, I got all my
jewelry organized. I mostly put my necklaces in there. This freed up a lot of space in my previous Jewelry box, so I can store nicer pieces- like my Grandma's Jewelry, and earrings. I am so excited not to have a tangled necklace again- and Nathan is excited too, because he usually is the one who untangles them for me!!
Here is what my Grandma's jewelry box is like. I really love this piece. To know my Grandpa made this for his sweetheart almost 60 years is incredible to me. I like looking at the box,
and wondering what it has seen through out the years. I remember playing in it as a child. I spent
the summers with my Grandparents in West Virginia, and I remember as my Grandma picked out her clothes for the next day, I would sit, and help her pick out accessories. I would try on her rings, her earrings, and necklaces. Most of them were pieces she ordered from an Avon catalogue. There were a few good pieces, and I have them now. I have a silver cross necklace my Grandpa got my Grandma for their first anniversary. She gave it to me the last Christmas we spent together. I have my Grandparents wedding rings, my Grandpa's purple heart, my Dad's class and college rings. My Dad's gold chain he was wearing when he died- and they still smell of cigarettes and Jovan Musk (his cologne he wore). I wonder one day if I will have a Grandchild who will want to know the stories behind my Jewelry. The parties or vacations where its been worn. The living room Lia Sophia parties that its been bought from. The birthdays and weddings that its been photographed in.
So, this afternoon, I got all my
jewelry organized. I mostly put my necklaces in there. This freed up a lot of space in my previous Jewelry box, so I can store nicer pieces- like my Grandma's Jewelry, and earrings. I am so excited not to have a tangled necklace again- and Nathan is excited too, because he usually is the one who untangles them for me!!
Here is what my Grandma's jewelry box is like. I really love this piece. To know my Grandpa made this for his sweetheart almost 60 years is incredible to me. I like looking at the box,
and wondering what it has seen through out the years. I remember playing in it as a child. I spent
the summers with my Grandparents in West Virginia, and I remember as my Grandma picked out her clothes for the next day, I would sit, and help her pick out accessories. I would try on her rings, her earrings, and necklaces. Most of them were pieces she ordered from an Avon catalogue. There were a few good pieces, and I have them now. I have a silver cross necklace my Grandpa got my Grandma for their first anniversary. She gave it to me the last Christmas we spent together. I have my Grandparents wedding rings, my Grandpa's purple heart, my Dad's class and college rings. My Dad's gold chain he was wearing when he died- and they still smell of cigarettes and Jovan Musk (his cologne he wore). I wonder one day if I will have a Grandchild who will want to know the stories behind my Jewelry. The parties or vacations where its been worn. The living room Lia Sophia parties that its been bought from. The birthdays and weddings that its been photographed in. Also, on the website I found this awesome drawer organizer. We have been blessed with a lot of storage space in our new house. The problem is that there are so many drawers, closets and cabinets, that its easy just to pile things in them! This cute little tray has been the perfect solution to my bathroom drawer! I was constantly looking for things in this messy drawer, and I love this organizer- everything has a home. I also got a great spice drawer organizer- but its not here yet! 


No comments:
Post a Comment