Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sleep

Wesley has never been a good sleeper. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 11 months old, and that was with tough love. Nathan and I got this book by Kim West called " The Sleeplady shuffle." It was rough, but we got it figured out, and Nathan and I had a few good months of great sleep. Wes would sleep solid from 7pm-7am. He would nap twice a day. His morning nap would be at least 2.5 hours, and his afternoon nap would be 2 hours. Ahhhh....then we switched to one nap a day. He did great on that at first. Sleeping about 3 hours solid after lunch, and still sleeping 12 hours at night.
Lately Wes has been waking up earlier and earlier. This morning he got up at 6:10...ugh. He was as happy as he could be running circles around our bedroom, laughing and singing. His naps are also getting shorter. Usually in the afternoon, I'd get 2.5- 3 hours...now its getting to an hour and half to two hours, max. I know what you are thinking-put him to bed later...nope....still wakes up early. I consulted the Sleeplady, and she said at this age, they need 10 hours at night, and 2 hours for a nap. So Wes is sleep as much as he should, but I am missing the days where I could take a nap AND get stuff done around the house. She also said that some children are just natural early risers. I guess Wesley is! Nathan doesn't mind waking up early, so on the weekends, he gets up with Wes, and lets me sleep in. Which is nice, but I am the type of person that once I am woken up, I have a hard time falling back asleep. Oh well, one day Wes will be only enough to up on his own...like what, 10 years from now? :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment