Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a busy weekend!



We had such a busy weekend! It was full of fun stuff- but just constantly-go-go-go! Friday night we went out to dinner at an awesome Mexican restaurant with our good friends. The kids had a great time playing on the patio, and the adults had fun drinking margarita's :). We are so blessed to have made such great friends who are in the same walk of life as us. Its amazing that we all have so much in common....and that we are all transplants-we all moved here and are not from Jefferson. I love watching the kids play together, and its exciting to see us all planning on expanding our families, and those kids will be around the same age too. (Abby has a head start :)

Saturday morning I had to drive to Atlanta to get my crazy Aunt Giggly. She is visiting this week, and she better be glad we love her so much....because we had to sit in traffic for almost 2 hours to get to the airport! They are repaving parts of I-85, so there were major back ups!So...we saw that we were going to have sit in traffic on the way home, and decided to stop and get lunch before we went home. We saw signs for Chikfila (which is my favorite fast food), and decided to stop there. Well...it was the ORIGINAL Chikfila- the very first one.....it was so weird and funny at the same time.

Saturday night, we went out to Carrabba's with Nelson and Anna, and to the Georgia Force game (arena football). We had a great time cheering on the Tampa Bay Storm (a Florida team), and it was a nail biter game- and they Force scored in the last 5 seconds of the game!

Sunday, Nathan was scheduled to set up and usher at church, so we went to church (very blurry eyed and tired!), and came home, and had lots of family over for a BBQ. My cousins, Mike and Margarita, Mike's daughter, Amanda, my Grandparents, Anna and Nelson, Mom, Aunt Giggly (who Margarita kept calling her Aunt Jiggly...her Spanish is not that great)...we had a full house- but we love it! We love having people over and playing games! So much fun! But....I am so tired! I MIGHT start potty training tomorrow. I really don't feel up to it....so we'll see. Anyone want to potty train Wes for me? I'll pay you well.......haha

No comments:

Post a Comment