Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend Update

So...Hurricane Hanna decided not to come this way, so we ended up having a beautiful weekend! Not a cloud or raindrop in sight. Since we already had decided against Six Flags this weekend, we went to a new Aquatic center that just opened up last week. Attached to the indoor pools is an awesome children's outdoor water park. Why in the world they would open up a new water park just to close it in two weeks is beyond me....but oh well!! The place was great! VERY clean and new, and to my surprise- not crowded at all. Wesley being the water baby he is- had so much fun. He loved the slides, and the wading pools, but he especially loved the whirlpool and lazy river they had. I think he went around in the whirlpool current a thousand times! Nathan loves playing in the water with Wes, and swimming....so it worked out nice for me- I could lay out and tan! After lunch and naps, we spent the evening at the Libsacks. We were actually just using them for their Plasma TV since the UCF Knights were on (shh...don't tell them...haha:) and we order dinner. I got to "baby hog" as much as I wanted- which was pretty sweet! The kids played perfectly, and we had so much fun. Thank you Lord for Abby and Syd, they are such great friends. (BTW- UCF lost in overtime....I am still proud of them- they gave USF a run for their money)
Today after church I went to a Ladies Luncheon at my church. The Ladies group at my church is a group of VERY diverse women and we do community service projects. The Pastor's wife Catherine and I were in charge of the lunch part. We were eating, and going on with business of the group, when they announced that the group leader had to step down. So, with out any hesitation, one of the "older" ladies says " I'd like to nominate Libby to be our president" I about choked on my sandwich. About 15 other women seconded the nomination. Catherine was sitting next to me, and spoke up and said "Libby is really busy with Children's ministry....I think we should find someone else to put in charge of this group." Thank God she said that! I have a hard time saying "no," Especially now that I am a SAHM. I guess I feel like since I don't work, I should volunteer a lot. But, boy am I busy with this Children's ministry stuff! I had to laugh that they were going to put me in charge of a group that I have only been attending for 6 months!
Though I love my coupons....this week is going to kill me! Man there were TONS of coupons i the paper this week, and we buy a double paper so we get double the coupons, and I am a bit overwhelmed with all the sorting and cutting! I finally got them done, filed, and I got my shopping lists ready! I am pretty excited about CVS this week- I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment