Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sepetmeber 11, 2001

Where were you on that day? Feel free to comment and tell me. I think its amazing that everyone remembers every last detail. I was Student teaching. I had a class of 25 Kindergartners, and we were on the playground. My old boss came out and told me that a plane flew into the World Trade Center. At first we thought it was a mistake. But how in the world could someone run into a huge tower, and not see it? Maybe something happened to the pilot? Then we got word about the other tower, and then the Pentagon. Our director decided to close the school that day. As the last child left, Nathan pulled into the school parking lot. He came over to me in tears and said "I just had to know you were ok, I drove straight here." He was in class at UCF when it all happened, and they closed school. We were living at my Mom's house because our new house was being built, and we drove home together, leaving a car at the school. We just wanted to be together, we were in shock, and still so confused on what happened. I remember us both crying as we were driving home. Just in disbelief, and dumbfounded that something like this could happen.
I am not going to get into a political stance on any of this today. Today is just about remembering 9/11. I know that its a day I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment