Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My monthly trip to St Mary's

I'm telling you- really, this baby LOVES to spend holidays in the hospital! Yesterday morning at about 3 am, I woke up with a bad stomach ache and started vomiting. I thought it had to do with all the "rich" food that I ate the day before during the super bowl. I went back to bed, woke up and vomited again. I was having sharp pains across my stomach all day. I got Wesley off to school, and called my Dr. My Dr seems to think it was a stomach bug, and told me to drink as much as I can, and sleep as much as I can. So, I kept vomiting all day, and my Dr's office called back to check on me at about 3pm, and sent me to the ER. The baby is doing fine, the monitored her for a few hours, and her heart beat was a little high because I was dehydrated, but I wasn't contracting or having any other problems besides that. So after getting fluids, and being monitored, they sent me home at about 3 am. I was wanting to go home, so I didn't care that we left in the middle of the night. I was so uncomfortable trying to sleep at the hospital, and Nathan stayed the whole time even though I kept telling him to go home. While at the hospital, I said to Nathan- well, at least its not a holiday today....and he reminded me that it was GROUNDHOG'S DAY! So, Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve... thankfully she let me skip Christmas! For the most part I am feeling good, I just think either I had a bug or ate something that made me sick. I've only gained 8 pounds so far, so I am pretty happy about that!

I meant to blog yesterday about our weekend. We had a great weekend! Saturday I went to a baby shower for a friend. She just bought a new house, so it was fun seeing her new place, and seeing the baby's room! Saturday afternoon I took a really big nap- like 4 hours! Nathan took Wes outside to play since the weather was so nice, and I laid down about 1, and woke up and it was 5! That night Nathan and I went out to dinner at a BBQ place ( I was craving ribs!), and went shopping. I had to fix my registry at Target, since some of the stuff I registered for was only available online. Also, we went to the craft store to get some stuff for the baby's room, and to get some beads for a beading girl's night that Abby is having. Abby knows how to make jewelry, and she is going to teach us Thursday! I'm excited! I was so overwhelmed with bead choices at the store! Nathan found a few wooden car kits at the store that he got for Wesley and him to work on.
After that, we went to Best Buy. I got Nathan "Guitar Hero" for Valentine's day, and my Mom wanted us to pick up the "Cars" Wii game for Valentine's day for Wesley. I am still not sure what I am going to get Wes for Valentine's day. I usually get him something. He's really into play dough right now, so I am thinking maybe a new play dough toy. Can I say how much I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE Valentine's day? I know its a "Hallmark" holiday, but a fun day of love, chocolate and hearts is totally great to me! I always send out Valentine's, and I always get people a little something :) Wesley an I are in the middle of making some homemade gifts Grandparents and his classmates. They are coming out so great! I'll post pictures of it soon!
Sunday we had a family day, playing games, scrapbooking, and watching the game. I can honestly say that I didn't watch any of the game, I spent most of the time talking and eating ;) My Mom and Grandma came over, and my brother and SIL were also over! Lots of fun :)
Ok....now I have to take a few minutes to brag about my awesome baby boy (don't tell him I called him my baby!:) I LOVE having a 3 year old! He is so much fun! We are having a great time doing stuff together all day, and he loves to "help" me. One of his favorite things to is to rub my belly, and sing silly songs to baby Allie to try to make her kick :) Here are a few pictures. The first is of the race car he and his Daddy made on Sunday. The last two are of his work at school. He is learning SO much at school this year! He LOVES it! I told him the other day that next year he gets to go three days, and he was so excited! He wanted to know which days, and I wasn't sure, so he got the calendar out and asked me to show him. I am so proud of him, and his teachers are always telling me what a good boy he is at school. I almost don't want this school year to end because I love his teachers so much, and his little class! Wes is in a 3 year old class right now, because of his late birthday he was supposed to be in the 2 year old class (he missed the Sep 1st cut off). I am so glad we decided to put him in the 3's this year. The class is made up of mostly "younder 3's" which most of them turned 3 thsi past summer, so he is not too much younger than them. His teacher asked if we were going to put him in 4K next year, and I think we are going to keep him in 3's but let him go to the 3 day 3 year old class. 4k is pre-k, and they go 4 days. I think I just want him to go 3 days while he can. He is sleeping VERY well in his new bed. No problems at all! Sigh....someone tell him to stop growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment