YAY! An early spring! Just what I have been praying for. I hate cold weather. I hate it, I hate it. If it's under 70, I hate it. I hate wearing sweaters, jackets, and most importantly....shoes! I'm a flip flip girl! So....hopefully this nice warm weather is here to stay! It was 70 and sunny all weekend, and its supposed to be this warm all week! Saturday morning, we woke up, and had breakfast at Cracker Barrell. Yum...one of my favorite places to eat breakfast! After that, we did some shopping in Athens. Babies R us is having a fabulous sale, where you buy 3 boxes of pampers diapers, and you get $15.00 in gift cards. I had $5.00 off babies R us diaper coupons, stack that with a $1.50 mannie (what I call Manufacturer coupons)...I paid $34.00 a box, or with the gift card calculated in (at $5.00 a box) I got them for $29.00 a box....the 205 count! So I bought 3 boxes, and then went back and did the deal again. They are also doing this deal on their pampers wipes, and Dreft. I had babies r us coupons for both, and mannies, and my gift card from my previous transaction, so I got another box of diapers, 616 ct box of wipes, and a 96 load bottle of dreft (that I can't even lift) and earned another gift card! So...I heard they are doing this deal through March....so I am going back again this week. I stockpiled diapers for Wesley like this, and I was so thankful I did. We didn't buy diapers for the first year, and I was able to get the best deals. I just buy various sizes, and if I have to- return the sizes that I didn't use. I never really ran into that problem. I just hope this baby can use Pampers....Wesley had to use Huggies or he'd get a rash! We also went to Old Navy, and I bought some Maternity clothes.Saturday afternoon we went to Cole and Emma birthday party, and had so much fun. It was at a cute children's play museum, and Wesley had a blast....especially with the trains! Saturday night, we went out to dinner with our friends, and it was nice to catch up with them!
Sunday after church we played outside all day! We grilled out with my Mom and Grandma, and ran around and enjoyed the sun. Wesley's little "class pet" Rocky spent the weekend with us. We also made Valentine's Day treats for Wesley's class. Its a little early, but I have a BUSY week ahead of me, ( Actually the next two weeks!) so I wanted to get them done. They came out so cute! They are rice Krispy treats shaped like hearts, dipped in white chocolate and heart sprinkles. Ok....and a true sign that my son is brain washed.....as we were making treats, Wesley was playing with the oranges. He said...." Look.....I made a Mickey and a Minnie Mouse!" 


No comments:
Post a Comment