Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wesleyisms


Ah...a 2.5 year old. What funny things they think of and say. I probably spend half of my day laughing at the things Wesley says. I know that everyone thinks their kids say the cutest things....here's a few things/ideas that Wesley has told me lately.
While in Florida Wesley said " When I am big, I am going to fly a blue Jet and wear a helmet." (I should mention that we saw the Blue Angels, and they wear helmets) I said " ya, when you get bigger- maybe you can do that." Wesley said "I want to wear a Thomas helmet though." I had to laugh...just imagining this stunt pilot with a Thomas the Train helmet on :)
Wesley has learned the Thomas the Train Song. Its quite funny to hear how he has interpreted certain parts of the song. While singing, at one point of the song he says something about a "pickle." Which the song has nothing about a pickle in it. When ever he hears the song, he starts to dance and sing at the top of his lungs. He still LOVES Thomas.....
When you ask Wesley his age- he says "I'm 2, but one day I am going to be 5." Um....what about 3 and 4?!
Every time Wes watches a show that "interacts" with the child- he thinks they are talking to him specifically. Especially Calliou. He talks back to the TV and corrects them. If they ask a question more than once he gets annoyed, and answers the question again.
If you ask him what a parrot says , he says "fawk, fawk" and yes- it sounds like that 4 letter f word. He means to say "Squawk, Squawk" but it doesn't come out that way.
He gets his pronouns mixed up sometimes, and when he wants to be held, he'll say "Mommy, I want hold you." He means to say " hold me." but its so cute- I hate correcting it.
He tells me daily" Mommy, you are the prettiest Mommy I have." Well....how many Mommy's do you have?
When Nathan comes home from work, Wesley is so excited, and tries to "surprise Nathan" by hiding in the same place everyday. Nathan plays along, and Wes will come out and say "Prize (surprise) Daddy!!" and laugh like its the first time he ever did it.
His potty training is coming along great. The pee part especially- he's totally trained. He can even stand up now, and its hilarious, because when we are in public places, he has to announce that he went pee pee like Daddy, and he's big like Daddy. Interpret that any way you want...lol....
Though this age is trying at times- I love it. Everything is so new and exciting to Wesley, and it so much fun to be there watching him experience life. Everyone says that they grow up fast, and its true- they do! There is many funny things and questions these days- I need to start writing them down!

No comments:

Post a Comment