Friday, July 25, 2008

Please say a prayer


Please say a prayer for my Aunt Lizzie, (whom I am named after) she is 94 years old and had a severe stroke yesterday. Things are not looking good for her. Please pray for Peace and comfort. I am also very concerned about her quality of life since she is paralyzed and has little to no brain function.

My Aunt Liz and I are close. She is like a grandmother to me. Her only daughter died before I was born, and she loved my Dad like he was her son. My Dad was an only child, and so was her daughter, and they lived next door to my Dad all of his life. They were basically raised as siblings. Since my Aunt Liz didn't have any Grandchildren, she loved spoiling all of us. Her husband and her worked so hard all of their lives so they could retire in Florida, six month before they were going to retire, her husband passed away.

I spent a lot of my summers in West Virginia as a child. I stayed with my Grandparents, but my Aunt Liz was always there since she lived next door. She always had Lemonade and Grilled Cheese sandwiches for me at lunch. On Tuesdays she would take me shopping, and would buy me anything that I wanted. Afterwards we would have lunch at McDonald's. She liked to shop on Tuesdays because most stores gave a Senior Citizen discount. In the evenings we would all sit in the yard after dinner. Aunt Liz always had Ice Cream for me as a treat. She took me to the pool with my friends on summer days. She gave me a crisp 100 dollar bill every every Christmas, a 50 dollar bill on my birthday, and 10 dollars for every other holiday. Still to this day she would send me Valentine's Day and Easter cards with 10 dollars in them. It always said "buy yourself something you want" inside. She gave me my first car. I have a lot of memories of my Aunt Lizzie, she is a spunky lady, and she never stops going. A lot of my family says that I am just like her. She wouldn't take no for an answer, she would never sit down, or sit still. Even at 94 years old, she was living alone, and taking care of herself- and she wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment