
This weekend Brandi and I hosted a baby shower for our good friend Abby. We had a great time, and Abby got a lot of great stuff for the baby. We had so much fun having lots of girl chat and yummy food!
The food "hit" of the party was a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ball that I made. It looks like a regular cheese ball but it is sweet and you serve it with Graham Cracker Sticks. Here's the recipe. I love it, well, because I love cheesecake...but its also something DIFFERENT! I am glad everyone liked it because my motor in my standing mixer broke when I was making it! Well- actually let me say, the motor overheated and started smoking....time to replace it! Oh well- its been well "loved" and very much used!
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chip
graham cracker sticks (for spreading)
Directions
1 In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
2 Gradually add the icing sugar, then the brown sugar, then vanilla; beat just until combined.
3 Stir in some mini chocolate chips.
4 Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5 Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball; it helps to put your hands under the plastic wrap to help you form it without getting your hands sticky.
6 Place leftover Mini Choc Chips in flat bowl and roll ball in Choc Chips, trying to coat evenly.
7 Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
8 Serve with graham crackers.
The food "hit" of the party was a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ball that I made. It looks like a regular cheese ball but it is sweet and you serve it with Graham Cracker Sticks. Here's the recipe. I love it, well, because I love cheesecake...but its also something DIFFERENT! I am glad everyone liked it because my motor in my standing mixer broke when I was making it! Well- actually let me say, the motor overheated and started smoking....time to replace it! Oh well- its been well "loved" and very much used!
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chip
graham cracker sticks (for spreading)
Directions
1 In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
2 Gradually add the icing sugar, then the brown sugar, then vanilla; beat just until combined.
3 Stir in some mini chocolate chips.
4 Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5 Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball; it helps to put your hands under the plastic wrap to help you form it without getting your hands sticky.
6 Place leftover Mini Choc Chips in flat bowl and roll ball in Choc Chips, trying to coat evenly.
7 Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
8 Serve with graham crackers.

No comments:
Post a Comment