Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lazy Thursday morning....

Usually every morning Nathan gets up at 6:30, showers and gets ready for work. Wes wakes up at about 7 am, and Nathan takes him downstairs to get breakfast. I usually get out of bed, and get straight in the shower. It's something I have been doing ever since Wes was a few weeks old, because Nathan would come home from work, and find me still in my PJ's. If I get up, shower, and dress, I seem to get a lot more done during the day! After my shower, Nathan and I usually watch the DVRed Today show that started at 7 and drink our coffee...until about 8, when Nathan has to leave for work. There are exceptions. There are some days that Wes and I just hang out in our PJ's and be lazy. Today I had plans to take Wesley to the park to get some of his energy out, but its going to be chilly, and rainy. So, I think we are going to have a lazy morning, then work on some Christmas Crafts that we are making for some of our friends and family. But while I have some computer time....here are some things going on around here. I feel like this blog is my diary at times...:)

So far, I have been feeling better this week. Yesterday I had this amazing sandwich at Panera. I was out shopping with my Mom and Grandma, and we stopped at Panera. They had this delicious breakfast sandwich that they make fresh as you order it (even the eggs!). It was an egg, White Cheddar cheese and apple wood Bacon sandwich on grilled Chibatta bread....aw...it was amazing. Grrr I want another ...and I am craving them like CRAZY! The closest Panera is 30 minutes away...So Nathan promised a Panera trip this weekend :)
Yesterday I got a lot of my Christmas shopping finished up. I have a few more friends to shop for, and I need to get their gifts shipped. I also am going to get started on my holiday baking next week. I am going to bake a bit less than I usually do. There are a few favorites that I HAVE to make....but lets face it...none of us around here need extra sweets!
This Christmas seems like its going to be pretty relaxing. We have a "ground" rule that we don't travel at Christmas. Something I have always looked forward to when I had kids is to have memories made in our home, especially Christmas morning. So we told our extended families that they are more than welcome to come to our house on Christmas and spend Christmas with us, but we would not be traveling to anyones house on Christmas. My In laws are very understanding about it, and we either go to their house the weekend before Christmas, or they come here. This year, they are coming the day after Christmas. They might have Nathan's new future little sister with them also. I am not sure if I mentioned it, but they are in the process of adopting a 14 year old girl. So it will be fun to meet her. Nathan sorta already has a little sister- Briana. We consider her Nathan's sister. She is 13, and when she was born, Nathan's parents were in the process of adopting her, and her birth Mom changed her mind. Nathan's family has always remained close to them, and Briana spends a lot of time with Nathan's Mom. We love her to pieces, and consider her to be "Aunt Bri." Luckily my Mom lives close by, so she is always here, and honestly, I couldn't imagine it any other way. I LOVE having her close by, and I love the relationship she has with Wesley. I love the fact that she sees us everyday. In Orlando, she lived 45 minutes away, we would talk on the phone a few times a day, but anytime we get together it was a day long ordeal. This is so much nicer now!
Ok...so I am going to catch up on some blogs, then get some laundry knocked out! I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment