Friday, December 26, 2008

Baby bedding....

After our Disney trip, I am going to start working on the nursery. Believe it or not, I am already packing and organizing for Florida! There is alot to bring, and a lot to remember! The jury is still out if we are going to buy a new crib or not. We tried about a week ago to move Wes out of his crib, and he cried for hours....so he's not ready! Honestly, I have NEVER seen a 3 year old who would rather sleep in a crib, and has never tried to climb out! I have been nanny to numerous 3 year olds, and they would rather sleep in a big bed than a baby bed! Nathan and I read this book by Kim West called the "Sleep Lady Shuffle" when Wesley still wasn't sleeping through the night at 8 months. This book gave great advice, and most importantly, taught us how to "sleep train" our son by respecting his schedule, how to teach him to fall asleep on his own, and to never stand in his crib. These techniques have worked, because he still doesn't stand in his crib, he is wonderful about going to bed on his own, and even asks to take his nap after lunch! I know its a comfort thing....but....I am dreading buying another crib, if he is only going to be in this one for just a bit longer. I think I'll wait until April and re evaluate the situation. Its not like Allie will sleep in her room right away anyway! Wes was in our room until 6 months. It was just easier that way.
Anyway....I've decided to paint the nursery a light muted pink. Sorta like the colors in this picture, and I just bought this baby bedding! I love the pretty sage in it, and I was worried of having too much pink- so this is a good balance! I love the "Shabby Chic" look, so this is exactly what I was going for!

I am also going to get some cute antique dresses framed, and I have a few things at PBK that I have my eye on. Also, I think I am going to get her name in Uppercase Living, and put that over the crib. I am blessed with a talented sister in law- Anna who can paint just about anything! So I am looking for some ideas for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment