Monday, April 27, 2009

Taking a breather....

So....nesting....yes....the things that I have been doing the past few weeks are just down right weird. Cleaning, organizing, and throwing stuff out seems to be the trend! For some reason, I have to have my filing cabinet in order before I bring Allie home. Also, the attic needs cleaned out, and the fridge scrubbed from top to bottom....LOL....did I mention the backyard is getting a total make over also? I have no idea why I do this when I am pregnant! Also, I have been cooking, freezing meals, and stockpiling my pantry like a natural disaster is coming through here! We have enough toilet paper, paper towels and Granola bars to take us in the year 2030! I did the same thing with Wesley, and luckily Nathan is happily along for the ride. He's been great. Everything I ask him to do, he does it with a shrug and a smile! I even had him clean out his closet yesterday.
This weekend we had some hot weather! I normally love it- but being 9 months pregnant, it was a bit too hot. We had Wesley's T-ball game, and we fried! Wes did great....all 3 of his girlfriends were there....he wasn't sure where to look! Carley, Abby and Graham came to cheer on Wesley, and we were playing our friend's team, Bella.....and Wes has a girl on his team, Caroline, who he loves! After t-ball, we all headed to Beef O'Brady's for lunch. The kids played great, and we had fun catching up with our friends. After that, we had every intention of putting up the pool, but it was just too hot, and we were all tired. So we all ended up taking 3 hour naps, and didn't get up until almost 5! Nathan and I decided to skip our date night, and work on my Mom's lawn. Wes helped...of course....and at one point brought me a dried snake skin that he found in the grass...nice! We didn't get finished until almost 8:30, but we were able to play some cards that night with my family (which I love....I am such a board game/card game junkie!).
Sunday morning, Nathan's family called and said that they were going to come up next weekend. His Dad loves to help with projects around the house.....so we are excited to have them! We decided to wait on the pool, so that Nathan's Dad could help with that, we are going to stain the fence, and fix our washer (we have a small leak in the front loader part...small...but expensive part to fix it!). After church, we worked on the lawn, and planted some trees. We still are waiting for 10 more trees from the arbor Day foundation that we ordered, and we keep buying trees each week from home depot. One day...we'll have a forest back there!
Besides that....I am still huge...wanting this baby out of me more and more each day....but I am also dreading it in some small way, knowing that this is the last time I'll be pregnant. Also, I know what to expect this time with a c-section and a newborn....and add a 3.5 year old on top of that....its a mix of nervous and excitement! I'll update tomorrow with details of my Dr's appt. I have to go every week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment