Well.....Leroy's time is up here at the Christiansen household. He is leaving Sunday to go live on a farm. No really, he is. I have been trying to get rid of this dog since we were about to move to Georgia. My Dad was willing to take him, and actually Leroy was with my Dad when he passed. When my Dad passed away, we took Leroy back. So....I have been trying and trying to give this dog away to a good home for over two years. I really wanted to find a home that didn't have kids, because Leroy doesn't do so well with Wes. He tolerates him, but would do better at house where he could be spoiled, and sit on an old lady's lap all day. Also, he needs to be somewhere with out other dogs. He doesn't do well with other dogs at all.
My Mother in law has a neighbor who really wanted an older lap dog. She didn't want to deal with a Puppy, and didn't want something that is going to live another 15 years. So when I heard this, I jumped on it! My in laws are coming this weekend to help with projects, and I am packing up Leroy's things and sending him to Holt. Wesley is not taking this well, but I know he'll be over it in a few days. Wesley's biggest complaint is that he isn't going to have a pet anymore. So.....Nathan and I told him he could get a new pet, something other than a dog or a cat. I was trying to persuade him into a fish....and he picked an ant farm. A girl brought her ant farm to church the other day, and ever since Wes has wanted one. He asked if he could name an Ant "Leroy." I said sure....you can name them all Leroy :) It's helping Wesley to know that Leroy is going to have animal friends on the farm, and we can visit him.
I know it seems a bit cold hearted to toss our dog out like this. We've had him for 9 years (almost to the date) and got him as a puppy. Ever since Wes has been born, this dog has not been the same. He's got a nervous condition, and doesn't do well with kids, so I think this next baby will push him over the edge. Also, in FL, I could let him out in the backyard and it was no big deal....here there is red clay, and he tracks it into our house. Also, he is constantly barking at the dog next door or behind us. He has snapped at Wes a few times, and it makes me a nervous wreck when other kids are around, and he might bite them. Another perk-I am so sick of paying $50 every 6 weeks to have him groomed, $200 vet bills.....and as he gets older it's just going to be more expensive. And thinking of his yucky dog butt on my couch makes me want to vomit!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment