Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend


We had a great Easter weekend! Saturday morning, we went to the Zoo. Wesley was very excited, and loves seeing all the animals. I wish I had pictures to share....and I did have about 80, and a few of them were of Wes holding a bird- but something happened to my memory card. I am so annoyed about it, because this is my 2nd memory card, and they are 50 bucks a piece! Grr...I am more annoyed that I lost all my pictures. I had the Zoo, and Easter morning on it. I did get Wes opening his Easter basket on video, which I will post on here. I am going to try to see if Wolfe Camera can get my pictures off of it some how (fingers crossed!) Anyway, we had a great time at the Zoo. The weather was great, and Wes was very happy and cheerful the whole time.
Saturday night, I went out with my Mom for her birthday. We went out to dinner, and shopping. It was nice to have her to myself, and it was nice to go shopping at a bunch of craft stores and take my time! (craft stores are not Nathan's thing...lol!) When I got home, Nathan had Wes in bed, and we started on the Easter brunch and set up Wes' Easter Bunny stuff.
Easter morning came early....6:15, we heard a voice over the monitor asking "did the Bunny come yet?" I was too excited to tell him to go back to bed, so I hurried downstairs to get the camera ready (and grrr...those pictures are gone), and Nathan got Wes up! Wes usually gets a few small toys rather than candy for Easter. This year, we got him a small soccer net/soccer ball, and some Cars Character's. They were a big hit! We hid a few eggs around the house with some candy in them, and Wesley could have cared less about them! LOL! After the basket fun, we made some coffee cake, went to church, and came home to a house full of people! We all had a great brunch, hunted eggs, played cards, and planted some trees for my Mom.
Since it's Anna's, Nathan's, Mom's, and Grandma's birthday in April, we also celebrated their birthday's today! Nathan is turning 30 this year, so I got him U2 tickets for a concert in October. He was really surprised! It was so hard keeping that secret from him, I almost spilled it a few times, and told him! His birthday is not until next weekend, and we have plans to go to a nice dinner.
It was a great Easter weekend! I kept thinking to myself- next year at this time, I will have a little girl who is almost 1! So weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment