I really had good intentions of blogging in Florida, but for the most part, I just didn't feel like it- so I didn't. I think what I loved best about this trip was not having laundry, cleaning, cooking or other to-do lists staring at me! My MIL took care of everything, so mostly I just relaxed.We left early Monday morning. 6 am- which I have no idea how people do that on a daily basis! ATL traffic wasn't bad- but it was picking up! Abby and her gang rode with me, and it worked out great. We were able to go through security with each other, and that was a relief. Carley and Wesley said their heart felt goodbyes in the airport. Seriously, it was a scene from a movie, and people were staring....haha...ah young love ;) Wes and I had no problems with our plane ride....and the best part- each seat had their own TV equipped with satellite TV- so Wes watched Noggin on the way there, and it kept him pretty occupied- so I could read! (the plane on the way home had this too...so awesome!) After we got Nathan's parents, the sun was shining, and it was beautiful. Too chilly in my opinion to swim, but perfect for laying out. Which I did- and got a lot of sun. The funny part is, I can't lay on my stomach, so my legs are red on one side, white on the other! Nathan's 11 yr old brother also had spring break this week, so he played great with Wesley. They drove the golf cart, rode scooters, played with the horses, and just played the whole time. It was great.
Tuesday it rained- I mean MONSOON rain. Tornado warnings, crazy pouring rain. So
we stayed home. We were going to go to the plane museum, but decided to wait for Wednesday. Good choice- trust me. It was bad! Wesley was content just being there and being with Nathan's family. He had a lot of fun playing with everyone. I was happy to curl up with a book and relax!
we stayed home. We were going to go to the plane museum, but decided to wait for Wednesday. Good choice- trust me. It was bad! Wesley was content just being there and being with Nathan's family. He had a lot of fun playing with everyone. I was happy to curl up with a book and relax!Wednesday the weather was grey, but no rain. So we headed to FT Walton Beach. Wesley LOVES the Air Force museum and seeing all the planes, so we went there. Afterwards, we went to a science museum, and to Lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant- Tijuana Flats. In Orlando, Nathan and I ate here once a week. Their salsa is so good! So, I was in heaven! It was started by a UCF grad, and their are franchises in Florida. After we came home, and Wesley and Nathan's Dad played outside all afternoon. At one point, Nathan's Dad was doing something in the pasture for the horses, and Wes was sitting in the golf cart. Nathan's Dad turned around, and Wes took off with the golf cart. N's Dad yelled for him to stop, and he just laughed, and kept driving. Nathan's Dad had to chase him down to catch him, and take over the steering wheel! The baby horse- Annabelle is just adorable, and is
more like a dog she is so friendly!
more like a dog she is so friendly! We had a great trip, and I am uploading photos to Kodak now. I am busy today working on the Easter egg hunt stuff for the church, and getting things unpacked. I didn't have to pack much since we were only gone a few days. I am glad we went. It was a good trip for Wes to spend some times with my In-laws. We were missing Nathan, but he was busy at work...and landed another potential big sale (almost triple of the one he had last week!). So I am happy for him. Nathan also got the swing set finished, and our trees planted. We are still waiting for the fence company to get our fence up. I'll take pictures of the swing set this weekend- its going to be sunny :) YAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment