Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing in the New Year....

I wish I could brag about the 'rockin' party I was at last night, but instead I spent it in the ER. Monday evening I started getting a Migraine, Tuesday morning, it was really bad. I took a percot, and went shopping with My Mom and Grandma. Tuesday afternoon, it was unbearable, so I caved and took an Imitrex (this is safe in pregnancy, but considered to be a "C" drug- "A" being the safest). I try not to take Imitrex unless I have to. Nothing was working, hot baths, sleep, massages....so Wednesday I was in misery. Nathan was here to help- thank goodness. I started vomiting Wednesday afternoon, and everything headed down hill after that. I called my Dr Wednesday evening, and she wanted me to go to the ER.
I was seen at the ER within minutes- yay- no wait! They started me on meds and fluid, and I had a bad reaction to one of the meds they used to treat my migraine. I was shaking uncontrollably, restless, and didn't feel like myself. So they gave me something to sedate me, and the rest is a blur.
I got home early this morning, and slept most of the day on and off. I am still feeling icky. My migraine is gone, but I am still not feeling right.
I guess this baby hates holidays, or loves to spend them in the hospital! I am going to see a neurologist in a few weeks to figure out why these migraines hit once a month, and so severe.

No comments:

Post a Comment