Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Disney/Orlando Trip 2009

Good grief! Where do I begin! It feels like I have been gone forever! Going "home" to Orlando felt so surreal! Especially when I was with my friends down in Orlando. We flew out early Saturday morning, and we were "bumped" to first class! woo hoo! What a great way to start our vacation! When we got to Orlando, my good friend Polly was there to pick us up. I love Polly. She is my hero. She is the most fun person I have ever met, and has such a zest for life. I met her when I started working at my church in Orlando in 2003. We have become like family, and I just adore her! Her daughter Stephanie and I are good friends also, so we all have so much fun together! Saturday we spent the day visiting, playing games, and we all went out to dinner. Sunday we went to church. I felt SO good to be at our old church. I love our quaint new church, but I miss our big church in Orlando. It was so fun seeing all the kids I worked with, old friends, and new babies!! After church, we spent the afternoon with our good friend, Ellen and Mark, who are Wesley's Godparents. They had a fabulous dinner for us and Polly's family, and we had a blast talking and laughing about old times! Monday we went out for breakfast, and headed to Disney World! We got to our cabin, and it was SO CUTE! I was really happy with our resort choice! We had plenty of room, and I loved that we had a bedroom for Wesley to go into at night, and Nathan and could stay up. After we got settled, we went to Epcot, and had dinner at the "Living Seas." It was so much fun to see Wesley react to the sharks, and stuff swimming up to him as he was eating. It was a wonderful dinner, and an awesome place to eat! We played and walked around Epcot for a bit, and decided to head back to have an early night. We got back to the cabin....and Wesley insisted on sleeping in the top bunk bed. I was nervous at first, but decided it would be ok, and he slept great all week in the bed.....and now he wants nothing to do with his crib! Perfect timing! So, he is sleeping peacefully in his big boy bed tonight for the first time, with no problems! Hurray!
Tuesday, Orlando got a cold front. Which actually was a blessing! It was still sunny with clear skies, just windy and in the upper 50's....but NOBODY was at the park! We piled on some layers, and enjoyed no lines at the Magic Kingdom! We spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday at the park, and saw and did everything 3-4 times. It was also nice, because there was no crowds, I could let Wesley walk freely without worrying about him getting lost. After Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, we headed back to our resort, and Wesley rode a pony named "Snickers." I called him a Cowboy at some point, and he laughed and said "no, I'm a PONY boy!!" Tuesday night we met our friends Mike and Jade and their son at a restaurant. Poor Jade was super pregnant (she gave birth on Sunday...woo hoo! :) We had a great time seeing them, and hanging out with them. Mike and Nathan were college roommates, and Jade and I became good friends when she started to date Mike. Wednesday we were back at Magic Kingdom. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's (really early that morning) and it was so great to see Wes with the characters....and he FINALLY got to see Donald Duck- his favorite!! He really warmed up to them at this breakfast, and he was so cute to watch! Wednesday ended up being really chilly- and again- we had no wait at the parks! Nathan and I both broke down and bought jackets. I had brought a hoodie for Wes, and we layered Pj's under his clothes to keep him warm,but Nathan and I were not prepared! Wednesday afternoon we were supposed to meet Kristen for a family picture shoot. I ended up canceling. I hated to, but it was so chilly, and we were so over scheduled, we really just needed an afternoon off! I was so worn out! Looking back, I am so glad we did....our week just got crazier as we went on! Thursday we went to Animal Kingdom.....and again....so much FUN! I love that park! We got there at about 9, and Wesley had a great time seeing the Animals. He even was shouting out the answers when the tour guide was asking us what animals were what. I swear- he has a natural thing for animals/marine life! After lunch, Nathan's parents called, and said they were on the way, and were going to meet us at the park. So we stayed, and went to go meet Winnie the Pooh. We walked back to the character greeting area, and nobody was there, and Wes played with Pooh and his friends forever! He was even bouncing around with Tigger! Nathan's family arrived, and we saw some shows with them, Nathan rode the roller coasters with the older kids, and we went on the safari for a second time. That night, Nathan's parents stayed back at our Cabin, so that we could go out to dinner. We ate at a seafood restaurant that is a favorite of mine. The restaurant over looks the castle, and we got to see the fireworks as we were eating. It was a nice night out. We were planning on going to Downtown Disney to see the Cirque du soleil Show " La Nouba," but I was literally exhausted. Doing a full say at the park, and going out at night was a bit much for me! Nathan and I had both already seen the show twice before, so we weren't too disappointed- but we really do love the show! Nathan's parents went back to their hotel after we got back, and we had a full day at Magic Kingdom planned for the next day. The weather had a dramatic change by Friday, and it was a lot warmer. I can not complain about our weather at all this trip. We had sunny clear skies, and no rain- which everyone knows- Disney + rain = no fun. Plus, you could tell that the weather was warmer since the crowds were significantly larger on Friday. We were fine "just going with the flow" because we had seen mostly everything that we wanted at Magic Kingdom by that point. We walked around with N's parents until about 1:00, then headed back for naps, and had a character dining at Magic Kingdom with Winnie the Pooh that night. Wesley got lots of pictures with Pooh and his friends. We stayed for fireworks after dinner, rode some more rides, and didn't get back to our room by 10pm. The next morning, we met Nathan's parents at Hollywood studios, which was so much fun for Wesley. The Playhouse Disney gang is there, and Wesley was amazed that he could meet the "Little Einsteins." Also, his hero, Lightening McQueen and Mater were there...so that was also a fun moment for him! The park was pretty crowded on Saturday (lots of FL resident pass holders!) But we were able to see mostly everything, and Nathan was able to ride the "big" rides with his brother and Parent's God daughter. We went to a fabulous character dining with the Playhouse Disney pals for lunch. I think this was Wesley's favorite. He danced with the Einsteins, and played with Jo-Jo. He also got to meet "Bolt." After lunch we saw the parade (which was really good), and a lot of the Pixar characters were in it. We headed out for dinner at the Wilderness lodge that night (forgot my camera), and then went to a campfire roast with Chip and Dale. Wes loved toasting Marshmallows, but was scared of the fire. After we headed back for an early night. Wesley on this trip was SO good. Normally he needs a nap daily, and is a bear with out it. There were a few days that he didn't get one, and stayed up past his bedtime, and he was fine. I kept saying to Nathan " I can not believe how good he has been this whole time!" I was so tired, so I am sure he had to be!! Sunday N's parents headed home, and we went to Epcot. The weather was soooo beautiful!! We went back and did a few of Wesley's favorites, and rode some of the newer rides. We also went back to some of the stuff at the resort. Wes wanted to ride the ponies again, and we also rode the monorail one last time. Wesley got to sit in the front of the monorail, and he thought that was pretty neat. He kept saying " I'm driving Mommy!!!" We had a great dinner at the Polynesian resort, and walked around there for a bit. After, we headed back and decided we should start packing. It was rather a challenge because we went home with a lot more that what we came with! Wesley especially got lots of new toys (thanks to all who spoiled him!), and we were trying to arrange everything so it would be somewhat organized when we got home! We caught an early flight back to ATL, and we picked up by Aunt Anna and Grandma. Nathan as soon as we got home had to jump in the car and head for the ENT. He is having surgery in February. His tonsils need to be pulled regardless (they should have been pulled 20 years ago), and he also has a pretty bad deviated septum. Our ENT seems to think this will help his sleep apnea significantly, and we are will to try it. He has obstructed sleep apnea- which means something is in the way of him breathing normally....and his tonsils are enlarged, and he has blockage due to the deviated septum. We have a fabulous ENT, and I totally trust his judgement. We are going forward with this surgery, having another sleep study done on Nathan, and then evaluating about the CPAC machine. I am feeling pretty good these days. Ms Allie loves kicking and bouncing around on my bladder! I have my gestational Diabetes screening next week, and in a few more weeks we have our 3-d ultrasound to see if the placenta has moved up or not. If not, it means bed rest....pray that it has moved!
I am still uploading pictures to our kodak site. I should have them up by this afternoon. I am organizing them by day so that its not 600 pictures under one post. I am working around the house, and keep checking on the staus, so hopefully by this afternoon they will be up. If you don't have the password, let me know, and I'll email it to you. Besides that, we had a perfect vacation, and I was sad to come home....but I am also ready to get back to reality! One can only take so many days of Disney!!

No comments:

Post a Comment