Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday night catch up....

Its been a great weekend. Yesterday was a bit hectic with T-ball pictures and T-ball practice, but all in all things went ok. Wesley's nap time is at 1:00, so when T-ball conflicts its hard, but we made it through with one minor melt down! Thankfully it was during practice. I think the novelty of standing out in the field wore off! Wes is doing good with batting and running the bases, but sometimes will run after the ball when he is on base, or will run to 2nd base instead of 1st base. Its actually quite funny to watch all of them play, and I am going to video tape it next week. I'll try to post a video on here!

Saturday night Nathan and I went out. It is so nice to have that time together! Usually we just go out to dinner and shopping. I am perfectly happy walking around Target taking as long as I need to, and not having to entertain Wes as I am trying to shop. Nathan and I are re-doing our backyard, and we were shopping for that last night. Its also fun, because my Mom adores watching Wesley. She loves her time alone with him, and Wes loves his time alone with his Gram.

Today at church Wesley asked our Pastor what God looks like. Our Pastor explained to him that nobody really knows, but one day when we are in heaven, we will find out. He is so curious about Jesus and God lately, and I am just loving it. Splash (his new Sunday school class) has made a big impact on him, and he is always telling me that Jesus is in his heart. The other day, he asked if Dr Arata could hear Jesus when he listened to his heart. His questions are so sweet...and so literal. He is also curious on how Allie got in my tummy. We tell him that Daddy and Mommy prayed to God for a baby, and God put the baby in my tummy. So, Wesley said "I am going to pray that God will put a baby in my tummy too, then we'll have two babies!" Ha-ha, I love it! Around Christmas time, he thought every baby was baby Jesus. Every baby he saw, he said "Mom, is that Baby Jesus? I really want to hug Baby Jesus and tell him I love him." Oh... to have faith like a child :)

I am so thankful to have such an awesome Pastor, and a Pastor that I have a really close friendship with. I talk to my pastor daily via email, and I am thankful that my son can ask him questions, and feel comfortable talking to him. I know that he will have a huge impact on Wesley's life, and I am so thankful that I have a Pastor that I know and trust for him to turn to. Our church, Arbor Pointe has been such a blessing to us since we've moved here! God is so amazing, and I am in awe of His plan for my life. One of the biggest conflicts I had with leaving Orlando is that we were leaving a church family that loved and supported us so much. God still kept tugging at my heart, and said that this is where we were supposed to go. Its amazing to me that less than two years later I am at a church that I love even more, and feel so supported and loved in. I love working for the Children's Ministry, and I really feel valued at this church.

After church, my Mom and I drove to Athens to get Wesley's new swing set. My Mom bought him an awesome wooden swing set- and I know he is going to LOVE IT! (Thanks Momma!) I can't wait for it to be put together, and see him playing on it! We also got an above ground pool, and we bought 20 trees for the backyard. We are getting the fence put up within the next two weeks. The backyard is going to look awesome!!
Next weekend is going to be crazy. Lots of family will be here for my baby shower, so the guys are going to work on the swing set. Wesley's first t-ball game is at 1:00, and my shower is at 10am. So as soon as my shower is over, we are going to race home, get ready for t-ball, and go to his first game. Wes is very excited that Uncle Nelson and Uncle Mike (Mike is my cousin, but Wes calls him Uncle) are going to watch him play t-ball! After t-ball, we have some small projects around the house we are going to get done. Like the swing set, curtains in Allie's room, trees planted, pictures hung in Allie's room and the playroom. Can I tell you how excited I am to get all this done?! And have a girly fun baby shower...all in the same weekend?! Saturday can not come fast enough! Luckily I have a VERY busy week ahead of me, I looked at my calendar and everyday I have something going on! Hopefully that will make time go by super fast! I'm feeling super blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment